Sold Debt vs Transferred debt.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Send S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to the original creditor, send CCA request to whomever is chasing the account.

If an account has been transfered only, then the original creditor still owns it. If it has been sold on then both the original creditor and the new owner of the account have to inform you as to this in writing.

HTH..

cag-end-sig.jpg

Thanks for that.

Actually the first DCA informed me that a particular Debt was to be sold on.The next thing I got was a new DCA telling me they act as agents for the original creditor.(no mention of it being bought)So therefore it must still belong to the original creditor.Thats correct isnt it?

Also, I have had one letter from the same creditor telling me that a further,different, debt is being tranferred to a DCA. So in both cases the debts still remain the original creditors prorerty. I am begining to get the usual ,push/threat for court /further action,etc etc,if it goes to court via the DCA ,I do stress ,if, should I inform them that I should now deal only with the original creditor?Or should I do this anyway?

Sorry for the block of questions but I am totally unsure here.

Thanks

This sounds like the usual pass it around and confuse the hell out of Joe Bloggs which is wrong!

Contact your local office Trading Standards office...

Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

Don't be messed about by these people!

Good luck & best wishes. Regards, Dave.

• Haha 1