• Tweets

• Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
    • In anticipation of lodging my court claim next Weds 1 May (14 days after advising P2G that was my deadline for them to settle my claim) I have completed my first draft POC as below: Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant has failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing a 8 secondhand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80 I look forward to your thoughts and comments guys! As ever, many thanks - G59    
    • Hmm, that's strange how they got my email then.  I assume the below is ok to send to DCBL, Nicky?  Hello, I am writing regarding our ongoing dispute and the upcoming court claim reference xxxxxxxx. To ensure fairness and transparency in our communications leading up to the court hearing, I request that you use postal mail exclusively for all further correspondence related to this claim. Please refrain from sending any communication or documents via email. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact me via postal mail at the address provided above. Yours sincerely, xxxx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

saddler10 v DLC/egg

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, have now received a letter from Trevor Munn Solicitors on the instructions of ARC on behalf of Egg. Have written back informing them that the debt is unenforcable. I have also now complained to my local Trading Standards. Also had a call from an unrecognized number today which i did not answer, but on investigating, it appears to be an ARC number. Any comments/advice gratefully received.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd232/saddler10/munn.jpg

Alliance & Leicester, £2944.66 settled in full, donation made!!!

Capitol One (Partner), £475.01 settled in full, donation made!!!

I had a few letters from Trevor Munn, but whenever i wrote to inform them the account was in dispute for whatever reason they backed off.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Hi Hopeful, thanks for the response. that is exactly what happened with DLC's solicitors, will see if the same thing happens now.

Thanks again for the response.

Hi, latest on this, a letter from Trevor Munn arrived today stating that a County Court Claim is being prepared for issue in Northampton County Court. They appear to be ignoring my recent letter stating that this debt is unenforcable. Hopeful, did Trevor Munn solicitors get this far with you?

thanks, Saddler10

I think the admission that they don't have a copy of the agreement just stuffs them up completely. Their response is a variation on the RBS/Tesco answer which we posted on a couple of months ago, i.e. we haven't got a signed agreement but we will send you a copy of the current terms in the hope that it complies with the Copy Document Regulations 1983. That may avoid a local TS prosecuting for demanding money after therir 30 days are up but it does nothing if the creditor takes you to court.

If Trevor Munn does issue proceedings, then you will of course insist on them producing a true copy of the executed agreement. They won't be able to do so and you should win hands down. Problem of course is all the hassle of having to defend their claim.

Personally, I would write back to Trevor Munn and inform them that as egg have already admitted they don't have an agreement, egg will be unable to succeed. Inform Trevor Munn that not only will you immediately ask the Court for egg's claim to be struck out, but that you will ask the court for a Civil Restraint Order under CPR 3.11 since egg, in bringing an action they know cannot succeed in because they do not have an agreement, will be acting as a vexatious litigant. Further, if Trevor Munn acts for their client knowing their clients claim cannot succeed and that egg will be acting as a vexatious litigant, you will make a formal complaint to the Legal Complaints Service about Trevor Munn’s conduct.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

Hi Saddler. As Docman has said you need to write to the solicitors again. Have you sent them a copy of the letter Arc sent you re no agreement? I would also make a complaint to Trading Standards. If you do choose to make a complaint you can inform Trev Munn of this too.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Thanks Hopeful and Docman. I have already written to Trading Standards (not heard back from them yet) and informed Munn of this in my last letter. I will now get another letter sent to them and will include a copy of the ARC letter.

• 9 months later...

Hi all, not been around for a while and thought this one had gone away, having not heard anything since January. Today I received a letter from Cabot informing me that this account has been bought by them from Egg.

Would like some advice on my next step, do I CCA Cabot on this, or just inform them that the account is in dispute.

Also, where do I stand as far as Egg are concerned, have they committed an offence by selling my information without a Credit Agreement?

Thanks, Saddler10

Thanks for the replies. Should I be making any complaints at the moment, and if so, who to? Also, with regard to my question about Egg, am I right in thinking they have committed an offence under the Data Protection Act, in selling my details when they have admitted they cannot supply a credit agreement?

cheers again, Saddler10

• 7 months later...

Hi, after another big gap (this has been ongoing for 2 years now!), I have another letter from Cabot. They have sent what they claim to be a copy of my original agreement. Having seen similar 'agreements' posted by others, I don't believe it is enforcable. Interestingly on the left hand side of the letter, under the heading Notes, it says 'With this letter we have enclosed: Application Form'

It also states Application Form at the bottom of the 'agreement'

Am I right in thinking an application form is not a credit agreement?

any advice appreciated, Saddler10

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd232/saddler10/05-07-2009154631.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd232/saddler10/05-07-2009160017.jpg

Hi Saddler10

I am starting on the long road with Egg/DLC and wondered if you may have a copy of the letter you sent Egg regarding reclaiming penalty charges (your post number 14) as I am about to do the same?

Regards

Vicky

xxxx

Hi Honeypot, will post if I can locate it, however I think it may have been saved on my old computer in which case it is now lost forever!

Saddler10

Hi, anyone got any thoughts on the 'agreement' that Cabot sent me? (see post 38). Don't think it's enforcable, am I right?

thanks, Saddler10

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, anyone got any thoughts on the 'agreement' that Cabot sent me? (see post 38). Don't think it's enforcable, am I right?

thanks, Saddler10

Why don't you think it's enforceable?

There is a lot of info re. the Egg Credit Card agreements -

I think it's safest to say that they haven't been proven to be enforceable yet.

gh

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Thanks for the reply gh, much appreciated. I have spent some time reading this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/188093-egg-credit-agreements-what.html and much of what is said seems to apply to my agreement, particularly the use of the term 'approved credit' and also the agreement fails to state the rate of interest for cash withdrawals. From my understanding, the agreement states an APR, which is insufficient?

thanks again, Saddler10

Hi all, just to add, on inspecting my correspondence from Cabot, they appear to have added about £170 to the original balance since purchasing the debt from Egg, despite the debt being disputed.

Thanks for the reply gh, much appreciated. I have spent some time reading this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/188093-egg-credit-agreements-what.html and much of what is said seems to apply to my agreement, particularly the use of the term 'approved credit' and also the agreement fails to state the rate of interest for cash withdrawals. From my understanding, the agreement states an APR, which is insufficient?

thanks again, Saddler10

That's certainly the thread to read :)

So yes, for all the points you've raised the agreements may be unenforceable.

re. APR, I've been away from here for a while, but I know that there were a few of us discussing APR vs Interest and the considered opinion was that APR is not good enough to qualify as an interest rate BUT you'd be *very* had pushed to win on that point alone.

gh

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Thanks again for the relpy gh, just needed someone to confirm my thoughts, will get a letter off to Cabot!

Saddler10

Hi gh, have comtinued to read the thread by pt2537 last night and this morning. I have got as far as page 40 but now must get ready for work! Although I am still no expert, it is good to see that pt won his case, that gives me hope. I will try and read the rest when I return from work tonight, then I really should get my letter sent off to Cabot.

Saddler10

• 1 month later...

Hi all, below is my letter to Cabot. I have also posted their reply below. As expected, they are completely ignoring my dispute, continuing to ask for payment and add interest.

Would appreciate a bit of advise on my next move, should I be making a complaint now and to whom?

Many thanks, Saddler10

Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited

PO Box No.241

West Malling,

Kent

ME19 4NA

Ref Egg Card

Please note I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

Thank you for your letter of dd/mm/yy and the document enclosed.

Unfortunately, the document you enclosed does not comply with the Consumer Credit

Act 1974 Section 60 (2) and Consumer Credit (Agreements)

Regulations 1983 schedule 1 in that not all the 'prescribed' terms are present.

1. The terms 'Limit' 'Approved Limit' and 'Individual Limit' are not prescribed

terms, contrary to the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 schedule 1 para

8 as the meaning of such terms cannot be exactly ascertained by the debtor.

2. The document does not state a rate of interest for cash withdrawals. The document

only states an APR, this is not sufficient and therefore another presribed term is

missing.

3. Paragraph 22 of schedule 1 Consumer Credit Agreement Regulations requires that

the agreement details the default charges payable and this document does not.

I also note that since purchasing this alleged debt, you have increased the debt by

approximately £xxx. I am sure you are aware, that while a debt is disputed, you may

not add further charges or interest to the account. In addition to this, I also

remind you that you;

-are not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement -may not

demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you

-may not pass the account to a third party

-may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit

reference agency

-may not issue a default notice related to the account

This alleged debt remains IN DISPUTE. According to OFT debt collection guidance July

2003 (updated December 2006) section 2.6

(Phsyical/Psychological harassment) states that it is an unfair business practice to

ignore or disregard claims that debts have been settled or are DISPUTED and continue

to make unjustified demands for payment. The lack of a properly executed credit

agreement is a clear dispute.

Please note, you may also consider this letter a statutory notice under section 10

of the Data Protection Act (1998) to cease processing, with immediate effect, any

data in relation to this account, both within your own internal records and records

with any third party agencies, that may cause substantial damage or substantial

distress to me or to another. Should you not comply, you must within 21 days provide

me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data.

Should you not respond within 21 days I expect that this means you agree to cease

processing all such data. I reserve the right to report your actions to any relevant

regulatory authorities as I see fit.

You have 14 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to

resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint. In the absence of a signed

compliant agreement, I would invite you to consider reducing any alleged debt to £0

and enter a 'full and final settlement' as discharged on the alleged account and

with any third parties.

I would ask you to note that I will not enter into communications

regarding this matter except in writing by post. I would appreciate you due

diligence in this matter.

Your Faithfully,

saddler10

th_22-09-2009120323.jpg

th_22-09-2009120445.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, sent the letter below to Cabot, but have been looking back through correspondence and have seen a couple of interesting things which I will detail in my next post.

Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited

PO Box No.241

West Malling,

Kent

ME19 4NA

dd/mm/yy

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your ref: xxxxxxxx

PLEASE NOTE- I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

Thank you for your letter of dd/mm/yy, the contents of which are noted.

As holders of a Consumer Credit Licence you are obliged to comply with the Office of

Fair Trading Guidelines on Debt Collection. I would therefore be obliged if you

would provide me with an explanation as to why you are attempting to collect on an

alleged debt which was disputed with Egg prior to your first contact with me, and

has yet to be resolved.

According to OFT guidelines Section 2.8k "not ceasing collection activity whilst

investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt." is considered an unfair

practice. You should consider this letter as a formal complaint, and provide me with

a copy of your complaint resolution procedure.

I also require you to confirm that you will now comply with the OFT guidelines, and

will not attempt any further collection activity whilst the dispute is unresolved.

Should you fail to provide me with the required undertaking within 7 days, I shall

report your breach of the OFT guidelines to Trading Standards and the Financial

Ombudsman Service.

As stated in my previous correspondence, the document you enclosed does not comply

with the Consumer Credit

Act 1974 Section 60 (2) and Consumer Credit (Agreements)

Regulations 1983 schedule 1 in that not all the 'prescribed' terms are present.

1. The terms 'Limit' 'Approved Limit' and 'Individual Limit' are not prescribed

terms, contrary to the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 schedule 1 para

8 as the meaning of such terms cannot be exactly ascertained by the debtor.

2. The document does not state a rate of interest for cash withdrawals. The document

only states an APR, this is not sufficient and therefore another presribed term is

missing.

3. Paragraph 22 of schedule 1 Consumer Credit Agreement Regulations requires that

the agreement details the default charges payable and this document does not.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I

am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this

than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

Saddler10