court fees - help

fiwwy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

not sure if this question has already been asked, however i cant find it anywhere

m just about to send off the N1 form to start my claim, my bank charges are less than 1k so the cost for claimingshould be £80. however when adding on the interest under the s.69 cca the total is now over 1k, so the claim amount paid increases to £120.

which fee do i need to pay?

the interest is not included.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

For the purposes of the allocation, interest is not included.

For the purpose of the court fee, it is.

thats fine, i know that now but looking at my original message and the response to it, if you were me you would take that as only needing to pay £80. anyways, looking further at the form theyve also requested that i have to apply to the court to serve papers at a registered work place which means filling out more forms and another cost of £35.

so will this now cost me £155 to claim?

have not read anywhere here about the additional form to complete and the charge of £35

i havent put the wrong address on the form, the address to which i have used is the banks head office, registered office and from where they have sent all their correspondence from.

the note from court says "the defendants address is a trading address, registered office or 'care of' address. the court may only normally serve papers at the defendants home address. if you wish us to serve proceedings at a care address or workplace, you must apply for permission of the court, for which there is a fee of £35. the application should be on form n244"

i do not have confidence in this as they have also attached someone elses eviction order in with my papers....

• 2 weeks later...

just an update, have just this morning received a settlement offer from ulster bank for original charges less interest and court fee. i have checked my bank account and the cheque for the court fee has not yet came out. do i accept this offer? what happens about the £120 court fee, i assume this will still be paid out.

also with regards to previous posts on this thread about the court asking me to pay £35, i spoke to court and they said it was because claim was "out of their jurisdiction" as i live in england now. so i managed to wangle out of the fee by mentioning the "hague convention" on my letter to court! felt like i needed a law dgree to get this claim under way!

anyways good news, just keep at the bank and they will pay out, the letter they send with the offer is funny though, over a page of lecturing first before they mention the offer!