Blair Oliver and Scott/Bank of Scotland ** Compensation awarded by FOS **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's all about who is in control. When it's the DCAs, life is hell. When you're back in charge, life is heaven, or at least as close as you can get when what's coming in doesn't cover what needs to go out. CAG is all about empowering the consumer, and if one individual had had this effect, they would be getting a knighthood. I dub thee Sir CAG.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about who is in control. When it's the DCAs, life is hell. When you're back in charge, life is heaven, or at least as close as you can get when what's coming in doesn't cover what needs to go out. CAG is all about empowering the consumer, and if one individual had had this effect, they would be getting a knighthood. I dub thee Sir CAG.

I would ask the queen to dub all of the site team Sir or Lady :)

• 2 weeks later...
I'll post the Cabot letter on my cabot thread once it's all sorted - you can bet that, whilst it is rather more polite than the BOS letter, they should be in no doubt that I won't just roll over. It was sent by email last week, and I haven't had an acknowledgement yet. Automatic acknowledgements are so easy to set up that I can only assume Cabot don't want you to have proof that your email has been received.

Letters now posted on this thread :- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/151228-oh-no-cabot-after.html if anyone wants a look.

Bank of Scotland have until a week Friday to reply to my complaint. Why am I not surprised that they haven't even acknowledged it?

Edited by reallymadwoman

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Re complaint made in this post http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/102011-blair-oliver-scott-bank-22.html#post1607944

I've decided for a number of reasons not to pursue this at the moment. Much as I would like to cost BOS some more money, I really don't think it would be in my best interests.

Cabot bought the account, so unless they've asked for their money back I think any suggestion that the account is going back to BOS is a fairy tale, in which case the last thing I want to do is prompt them into 'finding' the paperwork.

Cabot are now quite clearly aware that the account is disputed and so shouldn't sell it on to anyone else. If they do, I think copies of our correspondence should send the new DCA running as quickly as Cabot were seen off, and I can then make a complaint about Cabot instead in the sure and certain knowledge that they don't have any paperwork.

I have 6 months to pass the complaint to the Ombudsman. If I am contacted by anyone in the next 6 months, I won't have to wait the required 8 weeks but can send in a complaint immediately. All I will have lost is a bit of time.

If we go past the 6 months without contact, I can always start the clock ticking with another complaint to BOS which will again be ignored, and the previously ignored complaint on the same topic will only add weight to my case, plus not pursuing the complaint after Cabot confirmed their files were closed will show just how reasonable I am.

I've weighed up the potential costs and benefits, and decided in this case that the former outweigh the latter. Let sleeping dogs lie.

On current experience though, I'm expecting something in the post shortly. They've set the new dogs on me for all the other accounts, so I'm sure they'll follow suit on this one.

RMW

• 1 month later...
They've done that to me, only it was deliberate. I complained that they hadn't replied to a letter, so they sent me a copy of their reply dated the day before they signed for my letter. Oops!

hiya RMW

well done on coming so far on this journey

another tip from i think its BWR thats has posted to keep the envelopes with all letters received as been trying to understand the orange bits on the envelopes to see if can decipher date when posted but clearly like above you proved it there and then in writing, thats why i also send everything signed for recorded delivery and get a signature from royal mail on all my postings

keep happy ciao for now maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• 2 weeks later...

I thought that the press had said that certain senior management of certain banks, lloydtsb, rbs, halifax etc were to step down over a recent amount of loaned money.

In other words if they take this money they are fired so i would have thought they have gone but i am only going on what the press said.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

ReallyMadWoman,

I have spent the entire afternoon reading the entire contents of this thread and apart from me having no life(?) I am amazed (NAY ASTONISHED) by your strength and your good old fashioned bloody mindedness against these people (loosely termed)

I've only been here for a week and have read lots about DCA's and their underhand tactics and I selfishly hope that I dont end up with all the hassle you have been forced to go through. I'll read your Cabot thread as well ( you'll notice that as I'm a newbie I still tend to use their proper names. How long will that last:p)

All the way through the thread I noticed how much stronger you have become and all I can say to that is :

I AM IN AWE OF YOU- WELL DONE

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

First I have to give many, many thanks to everyone who has passed on their good wishes during my fight.

Second, the bad news. I am giving up. If you want to know why, read this post http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/136654-complaining-financial-ombudsman-service-7.html#post1780488.

I really feel as if I am letting the whole site down by throwing in the towel, but the moment has arrived when I've had to sit back and take stock, and decide what is most important to me. You can guess whereabouts on the list continually fighting BOS and their puppets comes.

I had a very brief court hearing earlier this week on a totally unrelated matter during which I said no more than 10 words. However, the sheer stress of preparing paperwork and getting there put me in bed for two days. I dread to think what a full hearing would do to me, which is the way this whole situation is heading.

I intend writing one more letter to BOS, addressed to whichever one of the chairman or chief executive still has his job, saying that unless it has a court stamp I will no longer respond to any post about any of these accounts. When the inevitable N1 arrives I shall take the course of least resistance and file an admission with an offer of £1 per month and medical evidence of how long they're likely to be receiving it.

Once again, I apologise sincerely to everyone for letting you down.

RMW

You are not letting anyone down. It has always been your choice on whether to carry on and you have been awesome but you are considering your health (mental as well as physical) and i for one will support you.

best of luck

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

You are not letting anyone down. It has always been your choice on whether to carry on and you have been awesome but you are considering your health (mental as well as physical) and i for one will support you.

best of luck

fox

Hear! Hear!

This site is a self help advice site.

Advice is given where requested, then the course of action one follows afterwards as always been a matter of personal preference based on, amongst other things, personal circumstances, including health.

Therefore, you cannot be letting anybody down at all.

On the contrary, your fight against B of S, BOS and the rest of their sidekicks as only made people like me more fearless, confident and determined in our individual fights against them and other similar organisations.

We will no longer be bullied!!!

Many thanks RMW!:)

Best wishes, Jeff.

best of luck

fox

Hear! Hear!

This site is a self help advice site.

Advice is given where requested, then the course of action one follows afterwards as always been a matter of personal preference based on, amongst other things, personal circumstances, including health.

Therefore, you cannot be letting anybody down at all.

On the contrary, your fight against B of S, BOS and the rest of their sidekicks as only made people like me more fearless, confident and determined in our individual fights against them and other similar organisations.

We will no longer be bullied!!!

Many thanks RMW!:)

Best wishes, Jeff.

You most certainly are not letting anyone down. I am sorry you are feeling so unwell and want to thank you for your valuable help in fighting these people. Best wishes, citizenb

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If u do give in i will miss ur letters as u have made me smile with ur jokes @ there expense.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

RMW

I would like to echo what the others have said - you have let no one down. You are inspirational but you have to put your health and family first.

Whatever happens next, we will be here to help, to advise, to encourage and to be encouragred.

Thankyou RMW for all you have done for the CAG cause. You've been an nspiration to many, many people and certainly to me.

You take good care of yourself, and be proud of all you've achieved. You've got tons of friends here whenever you need them and feel like a chat. Love, Patma

I know what I said, but it seems that BOS won't let me give up. I had a reply today to my last batch of complaints. There is a very carefully worded apology for the delay which makes absolutely no mention of the fact that it's taken them 6+ months. They've also made a potentially very serious error which is likely to bite them on the bum very soon.

They promised (heaven knows how many times!) both me, CAB and the FOS that my telephone number would be removed from their systems.

We've been having a huge number of 'silent' calls recently whereas we don't normally get any as I'm very particular about who gets my number.

I never answer calls unless the caller identifies themselves to the answering machine.

They've admitted making regular calls recently, but say they never get an answer so call back later.

I also now have proof that they lied to the FOS regarding several matters in my previous complaint.

As I said, they just won't let me give up. How could I not respond to this?

RMW

I know what I said, but it seems that BOS won't let me give up. I had a reply today to my last batch of complaints. There is a very carefully worded apology for the delay which makes absolutely no mention of the fact that it's taken them 6+ months. They've also made a potentially very serious error which is likely to bite them on the bum very soon.

They promised (heaven knows how many times!) both me, CAB and the FOS that my telephone number would be removed from their systems.

We've been having a huge number of 'silent' calls recently whereas we don't normally get any as I'm very particular about who gets my number.

I never answer calls unless the caller identifies themselves to the answering machine.

They've admitted making regular calls recently, but say they never get an answer so call back later.

I also now have proof that they lied to the FOS regarding several matters in my previous complaint.

As I said, they just won't let me give up. How could I not respond to this?

Go for it!!!:)

Good for you RMW.

Life has a weird habit of changing our minds for us doesn't it?

Whatever you decide to do, you've got plenty of friends here to support you.

It does sound like an open goal;). Hehehe!!

in the words of Homer Simpson. do'h how can these idiots be so stupid? Oh sorry i forgot there idiots for a reason. :lol:

Good Luck

and thanks for your help in my fights

keep happy ciao for now maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D