shABBEY again - I have credit card/loan accts with them too....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I'm new to all this! I wrote to Abbey back in April re charges of £440 levied on my account after I slipped over my limit by £150 while waiting for a cheque to come in. They subsequently charged a further £179 when the £440 charges pushed me over my limit for the second time...! I'm self-employed, and my income is pretty low at the moment, as well as fluctuating, and the charges swallowed up a months' worth of income in one go, leaving me no choice but to increase my overdraft considerably, and then to renew my loan for a larger amount over a longer period just to keep going...

I'm worried about going for legal action because I have both a loan of £7500 and credit card debt of £2500 outstanding, both with Abbey. I received letters from Abbey saying that they wanted to be sure they understood my claim properly, and apologising for the delay in responding ( the last 8 weeks after my original letter!). THEN they wrote saying they'd misplaced my correspondence!!! I think they're having a laugh....

What to do?

UPDATE: They've offered me a GOGW of £50 which was paid directly into my account without any further ado...

Hi mee.....Post a new thread in the abbey section and the "experts" will be along soon to help you...Good luck.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.