Herghost v Barclays/The Woolwich

herghost

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I decided to try an claim my charges back, ive done the 1st stage and asked for my statement details and sent them the cheque for £10 using the teplate from CAG, I recieved the standard letter from them saying sorry blah blah blah and they hope to resolve my issue by the 18th of July.

Nervous anticipation awaits!

You'll be fine, just remeber to follow the step by step instructions and stick to your deadlines NOT barclays and you'll get your money back!! I've just got a court date through for the 10th, if I can do it anyone

can!!!:) Also if you do have a question no matter how stupid it sounds just post in on here and everyone will be here to help, better to ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake;) :D

Good luck with your claim

Tori:)

Hi herghost and welcome to a certainty that you WILL get all your money back.

Don't be nervous - follow every step exactly and you cannot fail.

Work out your 40 days (+2 for mail delivery) then if you haven't got your list of transactions on the doormat, issue a BA for non-compliance. Get the letter ready printed off (with correct date) a few days before their time is up and send it registered.

Read through other threads as they will familiarise you with what to expect. Truly, you have nothing to worry about.

Easy :)

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Thank you very much Tori - I shall be sure to post every step of the way

Thanks welshcakes, I may be being a bit of an idiot here but I keep reading about putting your charges (when you get the) into a spreadsheet available on here - but I cant find it! any chance of a link?

Ive been reading through the foru for a while now, before I sent of my SAR, its great :) Im going to move onto barclaycard next and get them defaults removed :) :)

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.