Fuming at Clydesdales latest trick

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Finally today I recieved my statements after waiting since 3rd April. Great,I thought - now to start the process of claiming my charges back. BUT to my great surprise - half the charges were missing. I Know this as I have spent the last 2 years paying off an account that was defaulted on charges alone, over £400 I think.

Having opened a parachute account at the time I checked the date I opened this and the balance on my Clydesdale statements of the time say a zero balance! I wouldn't have opened this account unless it was necessary as I couldn't use clydesdale any more.

What had happened is that Clydesdale had transferred the account to their collection services and given it a different account number so they have not sent me any of the statements from this, although the charges were accrued before the transfer.

Does this now mean I'll have to go through the whole process again of sending a SAR for this, the same account but with a different number, and then end up waiting another few months for them to finally pull their finger out with this one?

Really annoyed at their latest attempt at delay tactics, begining to think is it worth the hassle.

Hello dvOu,

Firstly make sure its 1 of 1 pack or it may have 1 of 2!

If it is 1 of 1 then send a registered letter to your bank stating this is not acceptable and set a date for them to supply the missing copies.

I myself waited for pre 6 years statements to arrive then when eventually after exceeding the statutory 40 days by double, I instead recieved statements that were not the dates requested!

I pointed out that they took £10.00 from me to supply the goods and failed to do so instead sending me duplicated copies of last 6 years not pre 6 years.

I personally believe this is a stalling process as they are waiting for a presedence to occur...

I have now set my own date to seek what was paid for and if not supplied within my time scale I will seek an enforcement from my local court.

This tactic by the bank is merely to deter you. Please do not be detered. Set your timescale and stick to it.

You are not alone in your frustration. I myself had blood boiling :mad: but felt much better after producing another letter for them giving a date to comply but I do not expect a reply but feel for probably a £30.00 fee to the courts I will get the pre 6 year statements and they will know I am not detered in the least.

Fortunately the courts have now recognised that the banks are stalling us and thats why we can claim for wasted courts.

2 steps forward 1 step back as they say but you'll get there in the end.:D