Littlewoods

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I joined yesterday and have read the FAQ's, an unhealthy amount of threads and went to bed having achieved little more than a headache! I feel refreshed now and ready to go, so hopefully someone can advise me.

It all started in 2003 when I got into difficulty and couldn't pay Littlewoods. I wrote to them explaining my situation but got ignored. However, I continued to make goodwill payments (not the full amount) but then the threatening letters started. I, like many others, also tried to get the Extra Care Insurance removed (way before I had problems) but again, they ignored my requests. What I didn't realise was that the Extra Care Insurance is relative to the amount you owe, so once the 'admin charges' started to mount up the 'insurance' went up with it, making it an even more impossible task to pay. In just about 8 months my amount owed nearly doubled and is at present a 4 figure sum. They then sold the debt to Moorcroft and I've been paying ever since. This was nearly 2 years ago and had a detrimental effect on my health but I'm ok now and wondered if I had chance of claiming any of this money back?

Sorry it's long-winded but I needed to explain properly as every case is unique and I don't want to waste anyones time.

Well first off get a SAR into Littlewoods and make a start on reclaiing the charges.

Information can be found here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Basically the same process as Bank charges.

Also CCA Moorcroft to ensure they have the legal right to collect on this debt.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-advice/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html Letter N deals with the CCA request.

There IS light at the end of the tunnel.

• Haha 1

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

unless you have bought something over a long period of time and are paying interest they will of course not be able to come up with a CCA so don't worry on that score!

Hi elliesnan, thanks for your message. Sorry to say that it confused me somewhat! I'm new to all this and while I now know what a CCA is, obviously part of the debt is for goods bought years ago... could you possibly elaborate on your comment, it would be really helpful. :)

sorry l'l try to explain better! when you take out a catalogue you do not sign a CCA agreement which you should but the catalogues are not doing it so when you request a CCA from them they cannot comply. the only time you may sign one is if you buy goods from them over a longer period of time say 2 years and are paying an interest rate then they send you an agreement to sign. hope thats a bit clearer!

Thanks for taking the time to explain elliesnan. I'm pretty sure I've never signed anything like that so I will proceed as planned and get those letters off.

It does feel strange though, as it was these companies that had me scared to answer the phone, open the mail etc and now I'm going after them!! :D

exactly when they realise you have the knowledge they will back off pretty quick. although l believe that if you owe the money you should of course pay it the attitude of some of these companies just make you so mad. Kays sent me a default letter cause l wanted to claim late payment charges back so they left me with no choice as they did not want to play by the rules so after the CCA request they wrote to say that they would no longer be pursuing the debt. l consider that to be evens stevens.

Well done you! I'm pleased you got the outcome you wanted. They expect us to play by the rules but don't themselves.

I have just looked at my credit report and the default has been made by Littlewoods, there is no mention of Moorcroft. I'm just going to go through my paperwork and see if the debt was actually sold on. I know that NDR & LDC are both Littlewoods internal debt recovery firms, but I'm not sure about Moorcroft. Or if it makes any difference to anything!

Thank you clutchingatstraws, that's very interesting indeed! So if they do not have the right to collect these debts, are they acting illegally? If so, what action could be taken against them? This could be very good news for all on here who have had their accounts 'referred' or 'sold' to Moorcroft. :rolleyes: