danler

Who's to blame? Salesman or finance company??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4544 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Boughta car off carcraft 7/8 years ago, just found out that PPi insurance was added to the sale of the car without me knowing. Who should I put a claim in for?? Carcraft of the finance company?? I hate carcraft and this is another bad dealing with them..

Regards

Danler

when did you fininsh paying?

i f it is more than 6yrs ago, i think it is outside the limitation act 1980?

dx100uk

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hello,

The sales assistant mis-sold you PPI, but the fin company was the one that were charging you for it...Sales assistant was a representative of the company that provided you the finance...

if you r thinking of claiming you PPi back...deal with the fin company

reagards,

itsme

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

Now this is a very Interesting Question, Who is to blame.. And it is something that I am spending a fair bit of time working on at the momment regarding my own claim.

I will post some info over the weekend regarding what is actually happening regarding this issue.

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hi all!

I would just like to add:

1.If you want to sue,you sue the finance company and not the car/doubleglazing or whatever goods company that you have bought the goods from.

2.A salesman is acting the capacity of the finance company.This is called Vicarious Liability in legal jargon.So if the salesman missold you a plan the finance company is liable.It is as simple as that.

3.In the case of danler(and most older loan agreements so it seems) you have the added bonus that a car salesman was not qualified to sell insurance products.

4.From my experience,you should be able to get a refund of the PPI premiums plus the compound interest dated back from the start of the agreement.

5.In order to do so start by getting all your statements under the Data Protection Act - there is a template letter on this site.When you get your statements back you will be in a better position to argue your case.

6.I have posted elsewhere on this site with the PPI section in detail on how you go about kicking a**! based on my personal experience which wiped out almost 50% of my debt balance.

I highly suggest you read through the posts.

I hope you find this information useful.

If you have any questions,just ask.

Keep us posted.

All the best!

Hi reidnet mate!If you need any help just ask mate!

Hiya Nightmare4Banks, How is it going M8 ?,

I will PM you with some info either tonight or over the weekend regarding what is going on, Cant say too much at mo on open forum.. A Certain National Newspaper have Exclusive on my case at the momment..

Ian

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hi reidnet!

Good Morning!

Good to here from you mate!

Have sent you PM M8, its a bit of a long one..lol

reidnet,

PM received and reply just sent,mate!