Telemarketing!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

G'day all. I have just had another call, whilst eating my tea, from SMARTER LOANS. This is the 4th call in less than 2 weeks trying to sell me or my wife a loan that I dont need. The guy tonight asked for my wife and when I said she was not in he said that I would do. He went on to say that they had been passed my details from another party as I was interested ina finance product. He declined to say who the other party was. Im fed up with these calls, always around tea time from loads of companies. Is there any way to stop it? Any and all advice welcome.

Chipper:mad: :mad: :mad:

Yep! Register with the TPS (http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/).

I have registered with these, and about 3 weeks later the calls more-or-less stopped. I still get the odd one or two, and I just mention the TPS and I get the response "oh, ok, sorry." Bang goes the phone down. If they continue to phone, they are liable for a fine - and you are entitled to compensation from the fine!

The only ones it doesn't stop are the ones based abroad.

Of course, you could just say, "I'll just go and get her" and leave the phone off the hook for as long as it takes them to hang up - I bet they won't bother you again!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

If I remember rightly, if you also tell them that you don't wish to be contacted again, they have to honour that (although whether they do in practice is another matter).

When I was a student I spent 3 crappy weeks doing telesales (got sacked:P) . Our boss would just rip pages out of the telephone book and pass them to us, but before he did he would blacken out some numbers with a market pen - presumably people who has registered 'no' with TPS

Hi

I'm registered with the tps thing but still get odd one and usually as soon as I say I'm going to report their company they hang up. The other night I got one from someone asking if I want to lower my monthly outgoings I said I did not want this unsolicited call to continue and asked for name of company and guy starts to get really stroppy and says he will continue to call untill I give him my tps registration details so that he can check it!!!!!!!

Needless to say he got told to go forth and multiply and hasn't rung back since!