HSBC account & Credit card statement order together?

Jakzilla
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

So glad I got put onto this forum by a friend who had claimed back over £1500. I'm sure mine will come to something similar.

Anyway, I have two accounts with HSBC. A graduate account, which followed on from my student account and a Business account. I no longer have credit cards on either of these, as i got myself into too much trouble using them. However, what I want to know is can i just send letters for these two separate accounts or do i have to send a separate letter (and more importantly a separate £10 payment for every debit account and every credit card?

i.e. can I just say:

"I am writing to request a fully comprehensive list of all the default charges for direct debit, unauthorised overdrafts and standing orders I have paid over the last six years for this account and for credit cards associated with it.

Please find enclosed a cheque for the maximum statutory charge of £10. If you are unable to provide this data, I will accept a copy of my statements going back six years; I understand that statements on their own are not covered by the Data Protection Act 1998, yet I’m not requesting the statements per se, but the charges, which I’m entitled to by law."

Help appreciated.

The Data Protection Act covers all of the information they have in their records regarding any account you have now or had in the past, even closed accounts.

Just do one subject access request and list all of your accounts and cards old and new, they will tell you they only keep records for 6 years so anything over that period you realy need to have kept your own records for but under 6 years they are obliged by law to send you.

pete