Accepted their offer but they haven't paid!

JDAdams
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Looking for a little help here - Barclays made me an offer to settle out of court in April (the hearing was due in May), and I wrote to the court at the end of April dropping the case and to Barclays advising I accepted their offer. However they have not been in touch since, I've not had my money, and when I call the number on their letter the legal clerk who was dealing with my claim never answers the phone.

Am I going to have to take them back to court for the money? If so how do I go about it?

Please help!

Sadly, you've committed a cardinal sin here, by dropping the case before you had the funds in your account!

You should write to Barclays legal dept. asap (phoning is no good) and remind them.

do you have a copy of their offer?

I don't know if you can reinstate the case at court; once they hear the magic word 'SETTLED' it's not their problem any more. May be worth ringing your local court to find out?

Thansk to you both - they required a copy of the letter dropping the case to pay the claim - and yes, I've kept a copy of their offer letter. I don't intend to reinstate this case, I want to raise a new one - this should be more straightforward as it is a straight contractual arrangement, signed by both parties, to pay a sum of money.

Kate Ashton was dealing - I have her email address, haven't tried using it yet though. It's their responsibility to pay me, I'm not running around trying to find different ways to contact them when I've called the number they provided at least 20 times over 2 months, we can go back to court if they want to dick about.

Heres a list of numbers ane emails, maybe try calling Dino or Krysta

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/94602-barclays-litigation-team-good.html

Hope this helps

Paul

"Wisdom Begins In Wonder"

My advice is based on my personal experience and should be taken as such.

If I have helped you, Please click the Scales

Abbey WON - MNBA WON - BARCLAYS WON - HBoS(1) WON - BT WON

HBoS(2) LBA Stage - HBoS(2) Prep