Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

 

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

 

 

BankFodder BankFodder

 

BankFodder BankFodder


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Your puppy is certainly subject to the consumer rights act because it is classed as "goods". You don't say when you bought it – you simply say "recently". I'm not too certain what the law is relating to commercial breeders. You say that this person is a home breeder. Is there any distinction? Should they have had a licence? There are two issues here. First of all – and probably most important – you are talking about the health of the puppy. You may not have the resources but it seems to me that it's important to get this addressed as quickly as possible – both for the sake the puppy and also for your own sake because if you end up having to pay out of your own pocket, according to you is going to get a lot more expensive. If the tooth is causing the puppy any pain or discomfort or any difficulties then it seems to me that you have a clear duty to get it sorted out as quickly as possible. You made the decision to purchase a puppy rather than go to a rescue home – where these kinds of things would have been sorted out – and you obviously made your own decision to go to a breeder who you knew was unlicensed – and am afraid that all of the baggage your filing now probably comes with those decisions. On the consumer rights issue, it seems to me that you have a clear case – regardless of the consumer rights act – because whether the breeder was a home breeder or not, licensed or not, it is clear that the money they were charging – it was done as a matter of trade. You say that this person is a home breeder – and I understand that the rules are that if you read a certain number of letters per year and sell a number of pups then you do need a licence. I suppose you will have to make your own discreet enquiries to discover whether in fact this person is actually operating as a commercial unlicensed breeder. It's not terribly relevant to your case – but on the other hand it would add leverage to your position. I think the way forward for you is to get two independent quotations for the veterinary work which needs doing and then write to the breeder giving them both independent quotations and telling them that because you have the interests of the puppy in mind you are going directly to have the work done for the cheapest quote. Because of the breeder's attitude so far I would include this in a letter of claim. I don't think that there is any room for mucking around with the welfare of animals – especially when they are being used to make profits. That means that you would send the breeder the two quotes, tell them the date on which the work is going to be done, point out to them that has so far they have been completely uncooperative and refused to get involved that you are now sending them a letter of claim and that you will issue a claim within 14 days unless they pay in full for all the treatment and any ancillary treatment. In other words you make it clear to them that the sum you are claiming for the media work may not be the end of the matter and that you hold them responsible as a dog breeder – commercial or not, licensed or not, for the welfare in good health of their animals. Frankly I think you should tell them that you are going to report the matter to the RSPCA – and if you care about your animals – and the others that are being produced by this breeder – then I think that this is exactly what you should do. I think you should also ask the breeder if you can have any tax receipts for the £1200 which you paid. It wouldn't at all surprised me if this breeder has received the money – effectively cash in hand. You should ask them for a VAT invoice or else an undertaking that they are exempt. We will help you all the way here – but I'm going to say once again, that I think your first priority is to get the work done. I'm sorry that you decided to buy a puppy – when there are so many in rescue centres – although maybe not as pretty looking is the one that you have. I'm afraid that this is the kind of thing which encourages "home breeders" and breeders generally – and particularly with unlicensed breeders – it means that they more likely to be sloppy and uncaring about the welfare of the animals they produce. I think you should tell us more about "Vets4Pets".  It seems to me that they haven't done a very good job either – and I would be writing to them and asking them how come they have managed to carry out this assessment of your animal and yet they have missed this important defect. I think it's important that pressure is put on them as well to smarten up their act. Please will you tell us the name of the home breeder.   I hope this advice has been helpful to you. I'm sure that some of my comments and made uncomfortable reading – but as I say, we will help you all the way and I think you should start acting straightaway in the interests of your puppy – which doesn't deserve any of this  
    • That should nail the setaside, and see OBS off with other factors tha can be added if they try again.
    • Hi all, Unfortunately, I'm having a difficult time having recently bought a puppy with a pre-exisiting condition that I was unaware of. I found this forum after doing some research online and the feedback was really well-informed. I'd be really grateful for any advice from legal minds :)   My story (I've tried to keep it concise for clarity): I recently bought a puppy from a home breeder. They have never breed dogs before and aren't a licensed business. Our puppy was sold as having passed a full health check from Vets4Pets. Our puppy was £1,200. Two weeks after picking him up, I took him to the vets for his second vaccinations and a health check. At that point the vet diagnosed him with a "lingually displaced canine." This means that one of his lower canines is displaced and pressing into the roof of his mouth. Our puppy would have had his full set of puppy teeth by 6 weeks,  and his first health check was at 8 weeks. Therefore, this condition was either missed from his first health check, or ignored by the breeder. Either way, the condition was certainly present before we took ownership. It's a hereditary condition. I've had three quotes from different vets for removing the tooth which range from £350 from Vets4Pets to £1000-£2000 for a dental vet specialist. The hope is that, if the puppy tooth is removed early, the adult tooth will grow in normally. If it doesn't, however, the costs could be around £2,000 for treatment on his adult canine. I've given the breeder the time he asked for to consider his options. His final offer was a full refund if we return our puppy. This isn't something we want to do as we are already so attached to him. Legally, it would also create us significant inconvenience, as a replacement isn't forthcoming - or even possible. He has refused to contribute to the cost of treatment, admit any kind of liability, or give us a partial refund and allow us to keep our puppy.   From what I've read, tier two of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 may apply - and we could argue that a the return and refund offered would cause us 'significant inconvenience' and that the puppy was misrepresnted as healthy, and therefore a partial refund is in order. Again, any advice on whether I may have a case, if I take it to the small claims court, would be really appreciated.   Thanks so much.  
    • I'm sorry but I don't have a lot of time at the moment. Please will you read around the other Hermes stories – if you haven't done so already. There are some suggested letters of claim in those. We don't have a template for this and I would suggest that you draft your own letter of claim and post it here before you send it. Also, make sure that you read around the forum about taking a small claim in the County Court and that you know all the steps. You can be certain that you will have to issue the papers. You can be certain that Hermes will ignore your letter of claim and they will only start taking you seriously once you have issue the court papers. This means that if you send the letter of claim giving them 14 days then on the fifteenth day you must issue the papers. Otherwise don't bother. Don't bluff. Be aware of your risk factors – which are that if you lose, then you won't get your money back and also you would have lost your claim fee – and if they push you to pay an allocation fee – which is quite likely – you will lose this as well. For the present claim fees and allocation fees, please have a look at the court services website. However you are probably looking at something in the region of about hundred pounds or so all told for a claim of this value. If you succeed then you will get your money back, plus interest plus your costs. We do our best to advise you here that you have to realise that the end of the day it is your risk. As I've already said, it is an extraordinary industry – because they will do it – which requires you to pay delivery fee and then if they don't carry out their side of the contract for some reason rather they don't have to offer any redress to you at all – often on the basis that you didn't ensure them against their own negligence. This is an extraordinary state of affairs. The whole industry does it this way and it seems to be a culture which has been accepted for a long time – maybe 30 or 40 years – so that now consumers think that that's the way it is. It's really quite surprising that this hasn't been directly addressed in legislation – but it hasn't. Instead you will have to fall back on the unfair terms provisions in the Consumer Rights Act. Post a draft of the letter of claim and we'll have a look at it later on
    • I agree. They are putting you back in the position you'd have been if they'd said what they should have ( "We can upgrade you to Sky Q. You'll need a new dish to use Q. If you want to revert to the non-Q system in future it'd need to be a 'hybrid' dish that supports both".)   I don't think you can realistically expect more.
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
       
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
       
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
       
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
       
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
       
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
       
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
       
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
       
      Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
JDAdams

Accepted their offer but they haven't paid!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4757 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

Looking for a little help here - Barclays made me an offer to settle out of court in April (the hearing was due in May), and I wrote to the court at the end of April dropping the case and to Barclays advising I accepted their offer. However they have not been in touch since, I've not had my money, and when I call the number on their letter the legal clerk who was dealing with my claim never answers the phone.

 

Am I going to have to take them back to court for the money? If so how do I go about it?

 

Please help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly, you've committed a cardinal sin here, by dropping the case before you had the funds in your account!

 

You should write to Barclays legal dept. asap (phoning is no good) and remind them.

 

do you have a copy of their offer?

 

I don't know if you can reinstate the case at court; once they hear the magic word 'SETTLED' it's not their problem any more. May be worth ringing your local court to find out?


Barclays (2 accounts) WON

Lloyds TSB (Daughter's) WON

 

Cohen's: WON (discontinued)

DLC: Given up, gone away.

Eversheds: Trying!

Equidebt: In default

Intrum J: Return to OC

iQor: Stopped paying.

Link: In default.

ScotCall: Return to OC

Thames: Stopped paying.

 

 

I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and staff who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who was dealing with your claim at Barclays and well get their email addy for you as well, BUT still write as well

 

Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thansk to you both - they required a copy of the letter dropping the case to pay the claim - and yes, I've kept a copy of their offer letter. I don't intend to reinstate this case, I want to raise a new one - this should be more straightforward as it is a straight contractual arrangement, signed by both parties, to pay a sum of money.

 

Kate Ashton was dealing - I have her email address, haven't tried using it yet though. It's their responsibility to pay me, I'm not running around trying to find different ways to contact them when I've called the number they provided at least 20 times over 2 months, we can go back to court if they want to dick about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres a list of numbers ane emails, maybe try calling Dino or Krysta

 

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/94602-barclays-litigation-team-good.html

 

Hope this helps

 

Paul

 

"Wisdom Begins In Wonder"

My advice is based on my personal experience and should be taken as such.

If I have helped you, Please click the Scales

**

Abbey WON - MNBA WON - BARCLAYS WON - HBoS(1) WON - BT WON

HBoS(2) LBA Stage - HBoS(2) Prep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...