• Tweets

• HI   Ah that little lets downgrade it to a Stage 1 Complaint so it looks like wee dealt with it properly if the Regulator looks at our books/files.   It's a tactic Housing Association use even my own recently tried that and I refused to let them get away with it.   So you respond to the Customer Service Manager NOT BY PHONE unless you can record the call.   To Customer Service Manager   Following our telephone conversation on XX/XX/2021 reference my Formal  Complaint you informed me that my Complaint was being dealt with as a Stage 1 Complaint.   I find this unacceptable as this Complaint was made via T&C online Portal with Acknowledgement receipt from T%C of my Complaint in July 2021 and T&C have now only decided to deal with this after I recently had to Hand Deliver (16th Sept 2021) that Complaint to your Office which is  unacceptable.   Therefore T&C have had from July 2021 to resolve this Complaint as per your own Stage 1 Complaint procedure and I quote:   Stage 1: Your complaint will be allocated to a member of staff who will contact you within 2 working days to discuss your complaint and understand the problem. We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days, but sometimes investigations can take longer. In this case we’ll let you know, keep you updated and agree a timescale for our response with you. As the above has not been carried out and was only acted upon as previously stated when I hand delivered  my Complaint again on 16th Sept 2021 to your Office this is not a Stage 1 Complaint as T&C have Failed to carryout the above Stage 1 Complaint Procedure since July 2021 therefore my Complaint should be Escalated to a Stage 2 Complaint as per your own Complaints Procedure. If T%C refuse to escalate this Complaint to Stage 2 I require full Clarification as to why.        
    • Hi guys, I have recently found this website and have been reading a lot regarding Hermes scandals. Thanks a lot to all the people running and supporting this forum. Doing lord's work. Here is my case, hope I can get some help. On 07/08/2021, I used Hermes service to ship my laptop however the laptop never reached its intended destination.  On 16/08/2021, I had a chat with their representative over the phone to get an update on the situation. I was told they will start a brief investigation to find my laptop. After a long wait, on 14/09/2021, it was confirmed that my laptop was indeed lost. On 25/09/2021, I filled in the compensation form.  On 27/09/2021, I received compensation of £20 + postage of £5.80. On 28/09/2021, I asked them to review their compensation and reimburse me in full. (Formal complaint) The laptop was purchased on 02/08/2021 priced at £1049. Do have a PayPal invoice for it. I did not use Hermes insurance as I didn't have any trouble with their deliveries in the past. The parcel was declared as a laptop. I have prepared a letter of claim to send them as soon as they reject my request to pay in full. Few questions, I couldn't find answers about: Do i need to send email to Hermes with letter of claim or post? Next steps: Wait for formal complaint's response..  Submit letter of claim, wait 2 weeks, then register and issue complain on money claim county court website? Hope i can get some feedback on my letter of claim.   Letter of claim1.pdf
    • See all resources available if you would like to become an apprentice in Coventry.View the full article
    • Funny you should mention it-I have today got a letter from the court telling me the judge's comments 'there is no record of an email of 23 July 2021 with the Help With Fees application' 'the Help With Fees code was not generated until either 21 April 2021 or 18 August 2021 and so cannot have been included in an email sent on 23 July 2021'.  'If you want to set aside the order of 2 Aug 2021(I assume that's the one that no-one vhas received,vacating the case) you must make an N244 application  and pay the fee of £255 or submit a Help With Fees application'.   They don't even know when the code was generated and have no idea whether this was before or after the email was sent to them...    
    • The US carmaker vows to "lead America's shift to electric vehicles" with largest ever factory.View the full article
  • Our picks

Cosh v Lloyds ** WON **

muppet_baby

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi fellow frustrated Lloyds customers!

First a quick thanks for the posts on this site that have got me this far, then a little background before the question.

I sent an S.A.R. on 9th March 2007 (on my husband's behalf), asking for copy statements or at the very least a list of charges, which were sent on 12th April.

On 19th April I sent the 1st letter (step 3 on the MSE website) recorded delivery to our local branch in Sale. This was signed for or 23rd April. In response we received the standard "they're not penalties but service charges" letter dated 29th April.

On 2nd May I sent the 2nd letter (step 4 on the MSE website) recorded delivery, again to the local branch in Sale. This was signed for on 3rd May. We received no response to this, so spurred on by posts here and on MSE we preceded to court.

The claim was issued on 23rd May and acknowledged by [problem] on 7th June. The status on MCOL changed to Defence at some point in the last 10 days (or thereabouts) but we've seen nothing from the court or [problem].

On 27th June we received the following letter dated 22nd June from the Andover recovery centre:

Dear Mr Cosh

Complaint Reference: XXXXX

I wrote to your four weeks ago to update you on our investigation of your complaint.

I am really sorry we are still not in a position to respond full to your complaint. Because we have not responded fully yet, I want to ensure you understand your rights. So I am enclosing the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) explanatory leaflet, which sets out their role and how to make contact.

You will see from this leaflet that you do have the right to refer your complaint to the Ombudsman if you are unhappy with the delay. However, I would be grateful if you could bear with us for a little so that we may try to reach an amicable conclusion.

I will continue to monitor the progress of your complaint and would like to take this chance to thank you for your continued patience.

Yours sincerely

Kerry Parfitt

Customer Services Recovery

That's the background.... now the questions!

Should we have had something in writing by now regarding them entering a defence on MCOL?

If so, where do I ring to chase this up (I'm guessing the Northampton court?

Should I respond to the above letter (specifically as I never had the one they mention sending 4 weeks previously)?

Is there any point contacting the Ombudsman as the leaflet says, "We will not usually handle a case which has already been considered by a court (or where court action is due to take place)."?I'm assuming I fall into this category as I'm in the system.

Thanks for your continued help.

Hi

I wouldn't bother responding to that letter.

Give MCOL a ring, they are snowed under and this is probably why you have not had anything from them.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hi Barty,

thanks for the reply. I was wondering whether the missing letter should be included in my court bundle (getting a little ahead of myself but I'd rather be ready!), but it's probablly nothing more than another delaying tactic.

I took your advice and rang MCOL, apparently the claim has been transferred to Manchester..... still haven't seen any confirmation of transfer or a copy of the defence. I rang Manchester and the file is up with the judge, but the lady I spoke to said no defence had been filed. Does this mean I could get a judgement by default? I'm sure I read that somewhere, but possibly wishful thinking!

Thanks, although hopefully I won't need it (fingers crossed). Got the seemingly standard 2 page letter on Monday 9th...... it's not our fault, you're wrong, it's all perfectly legal etc... oh but here's full settlement! I crossed out the bits I didn't agree with and added the latest charges to the total, faxed it back and confirmed arrival.

Jude

Show me the money!

Thanks Barty and Red...... still crossing fingers though as the money hasn't landed in my husband's account yet. The 7 days I gave them is up tomorrow. Time for a quick reminder perhaps!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear.... did I speak too soon? 14 days on from our faxed amended settlement and still no cash. I rang them today to be told it could take up to 3 weeks for Lloyds to credit the account, which takes us to Wednesday 1 August. A letter arrived yesterday from Manchester County Court giving us a smalls claims hearing date of 18 October and they want "any documents we will be relying on" etc etc by 7 August. I guess I need to carry on with the court bundle, just in case.

Cosh v Lloyds **WON**...... not yet!