Natwest for the 2nd time

sallysas
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When this strike is over sar going off for ALL outstanding data. Unfortunately, although I settled last week - the day before court appearance - Natwest have still not sent me a final cheque. I complained yesterday to someone who knew nothing about the outstanding amount and promised a colleague would call me back. Their solicitor called me when I was a work so I will see what they have to say tomorrow. I think I have got the time wrong to go for 'Wasted court order' so am planning on complaining to Financial Ombudsman instead.

If anyone wonders why I caved in, when I went along to court hearing informing the judge I was unhappy about how vague they were about when I would receive the cheque she told me there was nothing the courts could do as we had reached an agreement. Will keep you informed. They have irritated me more than any other bank in the last 7 months of claiming and I now have a better idea of what I am doing (well in my humble opinion).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Data has arrived from Oct 2001. According to 'sticky' from Zootscoot they hold data going back to 1992. Can anyone confirm this is still accurate or have they lit the furnaces?

They do hold the data back to 1992............. but they're awfully precious about handing it over. You may have a bit of a fight on your hands with them to get it............... no change there then!;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Ahhhhh, thank you for that. It's a bit like pulling teeth as they have duplicated data they sent me last year (when in my sar I told them what data I already had - can't they read) but at least it brings it bang up-to-date when they accepted payment via cccs but still charged me interest.

Will give them a bit of time to send more years but I suppose I will end up going down non-compliance route n'est pas? One year added up to over £1000 anyway. Wow!!! Might I end up in fast-track. Quite possible. :roll:

Sally, why don't you try sending an email over to Joyce Tudor, something like this:

Dear Ms Tudor,

I refer to my recent letter requesting full S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on my file dated xxxxxxx. I note that you only sent statements to me for the past 6 years. However, I have evidence to the contrary that you can retrieve my data to approximately 1992.

For your information FULL SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST under the Data Protection Act (199:cool: covers ALL data in a relevant filing system for an indeterminable period, not just statute of Limitations Act covering the past 6 years.

I refer to notes I was given from a friend of mine within the RBS group – Notes on NatWest Group PLC Archive. These will advise you how to access all of my file information going back to 1992 which is what I require under full S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) law.

INSTRUCTIONS:

Bank Office Master Index, 04, 26, then 45 (you can just do 04, 45). That is the Nat West Archive.

Option 1 gives you 12 options of which one is customer notes/events. You click that option which leads to a screen that says ALL EVENTS and press ENTER. You then have notes on account starting on (whenever you opened the account – but you can only go back to 1992). In case you are unaware you can print the page or go into the note and press Print.

If you follow the instructions above that will give you the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) information you need to access my entire files, which I require full copies of under my data protection act SAR request.

I trust the information above will help you obtain the information I am requesting and I look forward to receiving the information in the very near future. I would also be obliged if you could send me confirmation that you will be sending this to me as soon as possible.

And I haven't just thought that up ............ posted it on another thread today!!! I haven't a clue what her email address is though, but I imagine it's something like [email protected]

Might be worth a try - if not, send it to her as a letter! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

What an excellent suggestion!!!

There wasn't even a letter with 2nd lot of statements and 1st letter merely states that data after 04/10/02 will be sent seperately from data up to 04/10/02 so if nothing else arrives within the next few days I will indeed be contacting Ms Tudor.

It is good that data arrives in envelopes strong enough to contain them though rather than the sorry brown envelopes they used to use. It's my birthday in the Spring I wonder if it will be all over by then? Lovely large donation to this site is on the cards then.

Lol............. you'll be done and dusted by the spring knowing you sally!

And as for the envelopes............. don't get me started! I still worry that everyone in the local sorting office might have my details! ;)

Best of luck sally - hope the above works for you x

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Well.......... as long as the postie's a bit gorgeous....... indulge in a spot of postie stalking whilst you're waiting!!! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 2 weeks later...

Ms J Tudor

National Westminster Bank Plc

Retail Regulatory Risk

2nd Floor

The Cornerstone

60 South Gyle Crescent

South Gyle Park

Edinburgh

EH12 9WF

xxxx 2007

Dear Ms Tudor,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxx

I refer to my recent letter requesting full S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on my file dated xxxxxx. I had informed your organisation that I already had data from xxxxxxxx onwards and required ALL data from my banking history with you. To date I have only received duplicated statements from 2001-2002 which is most unsatisfactory. However, I have evidence to the contrary that you can retrieve my data to approximately 1992.

Thank you hedgey. Letter going off in post next week with these additions. I'll be glad to stop dealing with this bank as they wind me up something rotten.

I had a letter from FOS about a fortnight ago saying they were looking into my complaint. Wonder when I'll hear something?

Hi sally

Towards the end of this thread (sorry, haven't got time to look myself) Nattie gives the name of the system and which screens to use to access this older data. You could include that in your letter - should wind them up a bit!

• 5 weeks later...

Well, they've had a month and I have received nothing - not even an acknowledgment, bah humbug!! Also the FOS are being spineless and are citing the test case for their inability to process my complaint. They have forwarded my complaint to Natwest and if I don't get any satisfaction I can go back to FOS after test case resolved. Yeah right, we can really see Natwest giving me compensation can't we people. Never mind, the holiday was lovely and I am now back in the harness. Onwards and upwards I say.

And upwards & onwards! I take it that it's time to file N1 at your local court?! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Now don't rush me, you know I am like the tortoise in the race. I plan on sending them letter from library later this week threatening with non-compliance if I don't get my data soon, amended as appropriate. They will ignore part of it 'cos I am going to mention compensation from my 1st claim.

• 2 weeks later...

How time flies!!!!!!!!!! I wrote to Ms Tudor 28/07/07 and so far not even an acknowledgement. Sending off non-compliance letter tomorrow - 40 days well and truly over. Re-reading letter from FOS no point in mentioning compensation. Hope other people are being successful, Sally

How time flies!!!!!!!!!! I wrote to Ms Tudor 28/07/07 and so far not even an acknowledgement. Sending off non-compliance letter tomorrow - 40 days well and truly over. Re-reading letter from FOS no point in mentioning compensation. Hope other people are being successful, Sally

Hello Sallysas,

How lovely to see you over here, still fighting the good fight. I will you luck:D

I am about to start round 2 with them and I am going to reclaim all overdraft payments and the ADGcard I never asked for it:shock:

So lets see what happens:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Very little success recently with older statements sally - they're really digging their heels in at the moment. I think the last one to get older statements was bobm........ and it took him months.

Just as an added 'maybe' though, why don't you try taking the information from post number 5 above into your local branch? According to Nattie, he reckoned that the info could be accessed by anybody - including the cashiers in high street branches.

Could be worth a try! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

That's a wicked thought isn't it? Half an hour before closing time mayhap.

Then again, if memory serves me right, Ms Tudor could find herself detained at her majesty's pleasure for non-compliance. Wasn't Mr Highley threatened with such a fate sometime within the last 10 months? He, he, he..............

Eeeeeee our Sally, you're a wicked lass! ;):D

Gotta be worth a try though - and if it doesn't work............ I'll supply the handcuffs myself!!! :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 2 weeks later...

I sent them non-compliance letter earlier this month which I still havn't had a reply too so I am now going to file at court next Tuesday. I've not done this before. Any words of wisdom greatly appreciated.

And this being me I'm doing not one, not two but three. And an AQ for good measure.

Might try steps as outlined in post 5. Nothing ventured

I sent them non-compliance letter earlier this month which I still havn't had a reply too so I am now going to file at court next Tuesday. I've not done this before. Any words of wisdom greatly appreciated.

And this being me I'm doing not one, not two but three. And an AQ for good measure.

Might try steps as outlined in post 5. Nothing ventured

Hello Sally,

I am surprised you are finding it a bit difficult getting your statements, they sent me everything they held on me. Statements from 1992, loan breakdown( not all of them) No credit agreements, they don;t have them

Home insurance info, Mortgage details the whole lot and caboddle.

When I sent the sar from the bank charges template, they only sent the bank statement for 6yrs. I sent a full sar for the ppi and everything came. Mind you they took the £10 x 2 for it, the cheeky bleeders

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Ooooohhhh yes, cheeky. Good job you are going to claim it all back then. Are they trying to divide and rule us then? Get all info out to this alphabetical letter or that postcode perhaps? No logic to it as always. A friend at work told me lloyds did the same trick to her daughter, taking money twice.

Going into branch this morning to try my luck with cashiers.

Can't decide if I am a generous person or not. Advisor was unable to access old data (she thought it might be 'cos it was Saturday) and when I played my face and mentioned non-compliance action she offered to request data on Monday and it might be with me by next weekend. Don't know if this was a ploy to exact money but she asked me if I wanted statements to which I naturally replied that I wasn't bothered what format my data took, if statements were easier for the bank I would accept those. To anyone who is wonder why I said that, banks can charge you £5 a statement and you cannot claim it back, £10 is the limit, which is why we always ask for data. Anyway she is calling me back tomorrow so we shall see what is said.