help required re cap 1 charges

wolfie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a cap one card for about 3 years and just recently I have been having a lot of trouble with my finances (last 10 months or so) I owe them around £1,300.00 but I reckon that in the 3 years that the unlawful charges will have totalled around £400.00 they told me last month that if they did not receive a payment of £250. 00 by the 10/06/06 that they would default me and pass the debt to a collection agency, couldn’t afford they payment so I guess the default is on the way any advice as where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.

Write back asap saying that you dispute the amount owing, by rights, they can't default you if the amount is in dispute. If a collection agency writes, tell them the same and that should bounce it back to the bank. Then, it's the usual, SAR if you don't know exact amount of charges, prelim, etc...

thanks bookworm,

sorry for being a dummy but what do you mean by SAR?

also would I be right in saying I should do the following.

as you said write to them disputing the amount owed.

should I then do the DPA letter or wait for them to comeback to me

I could really do with buying myself some time so I can get back on my

feet as it were.

once I know the exact amount I think I should write to them asking them to deduct

this from the total amount owing and then sit back argue the toss and wait till they comply I don't see the point in going the 1st letter and LBA route as I am just trying to reduce the debt and not get money back from them what do you think?

to any body else reading this your comments would be greatly appreciated

regards wolfie

SAR = Subject Access Request - read up on DPA in FAQs. You need this if as BW already said, you don't know your charges. You have to allow them 40 days to provide this and you will need to pay £10.

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!