Squarebob v A&L

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BEST OF LUCK OL' CHAP!!!!!!

STIFF UPPER LIP AND ALL THAT.

You are well armed, go in Guns Blazing , well maybe with flowers stuck out the ends !!

I am sure you will charm them all, as you have done us.

Love KayX

We'll all be thinking of you.

Squarebob

Did not realise your court case was tomorrow!:o

I really hope it goes well for you - I am sure you wont let them get a word in edgewise:rolleyes:

Sorry the nudge did not work:mad:

I will be checking in at all hours tomorrow to see how you have done - fingers and everything else crossed for you

Jan:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Well Ladies,

Thank you all for your compliments and best wishes.

I have been up before the dawn of time making sure that all the i's are dotted and the T's crossed. I'm not that good with the 'Verbals' but will try to be nice in court. All that is left is to find something to wear.........apart from just a tie. Thinking of giving A&L a telephone call when I arrive at court this morning as I shall be there at least an hour ahead of time just to see if that shifts them into doing anything.

Speak to you all later

Squarebob xxxx

P.S. Should take a few spirits in with me! ;)

thinking of you

jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

where are you Sb?

jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

me-thinks things did not go well today:(

just have to say its pot luck at the moment and hope he is not hiding away with the fairies:(

jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Nearly Final Post

Sorry to have left you ladees in 'SUSPENDERS' but yesterday really was a 'Foregone Conclusion. I, having stuck to the Judge's directions, had carted my weighty bundle across town in a pair of new shoes that cut into my heels, before I was halfway there, I was in agony. When I duly arrived at court, just as I got to the front desk Wragge's phoned, they said this was in return of my call on Thursday, I told them to start talking, they said we have an offer of ****** which was half the amount that I was claiming and did not include the court fees. Having done my homework the night before I told them what my charges were, court fees and then court interest, I even told them that I had dispensed with the original Compound Interest thus saving their client's some money. All I got in reply was this is our 'Final Offer', I was tempted to tell them where to put their offer, but I thought that I would leave the door open just in case. I was also tempted to telephone A&L to see if that would bear any fruit, but after Thursday's performance, decided not to to. So I sat in the waiting room from 9.30am to 11.30am, no more calls from Wragge's or anbody else, no representive from Wragge's was there either, there were only 2 cases for A&L, the rest being for the other banks who had counsel representing them (the banks). Counsel for Lloyds basically went around telling everyone claiming against Lloyds why he was there and that he would be applying for a 'Stay' and this would be granted in the light of the impending test case, he also gave them the choice to go or stay, they all stayed, hoping to have at least some say in the matter,but this was not to be the case as each came out with a glum face. All the Counsel's even got together to decide who would go first, but that was decided by the Judge who ordered that the one with the most cases would go first. A&L were finally called, and two minutes later the Claimant left, then it was my turn, in I went, paid my respects to the District Judge and apologised for wasting the courts' time. All the while the judge was talking and I knew straightaway that I was there to listen not to talk. Each time he paused. I threw my bit in, the first was in reference to the OFT Claim being based around the 1999 Unfair Terms Act being brought about because the banks had changed their terms calling charges etc fees. the 2nd being that as most of my charges were pre- this change I was in breech of contract therefore it did not apply to my case. I might as well have been talking to myself, as the Judge just said that by applying the stay, if the claim went against the banks that would be a point in my favour as I would not have to appear in court again. I kept my cool and ploughed on, could I not say anything in mitigation of my case? the answer was, basically, No. I then mentioned Strilking Out my claim, why? I was asked, because they, the defendant had not complied with Judges directions etc, and that they were just basically cocking a snoot at the law and should be brought to heel I said. The Judge looked at me and just said the following; I have ordered a Stay until March the 28th (I think), I have given both you and the defendant the right to ask for the stay to be uplifted (some Judges have refused to do this), I have also given the defendant the right to extend the stay beyond the end of March. He also said I am most impressed at the way Claimants present their bundles into court I wish that others would do the same, he then told me to take them all away, one ring binder and three A4 folders! saying that I was to keep them and update them as need be and keep them ready incase they were ever needed again. I could not hold on anymore, and through gritted teeth I said that I had complied with the Judges directions the defendant had not, I felt that I was being hard done by and the defendant had gotten what they wanted and no rap on the knuckles. I was then told that what was being done was for the best.

So I bade the Judge a good morning and staggered out with double the load I went in with. Down to the 2nd floor I went, where I was to put in my N244 to have the Stay Uplifted, the paperwork having been gotten ready the night before, complete with a 6 page statement and 12 other attachments. I was looked at curiously as I stood at the front desk as one could see I was too well dressed to have come in from off the street, so the question was asked "Have you just come from upstairs"? I just said yes, "and do you have the necessary paperwork"? Yes, I said as I slammed it down on the desk. I was told that it would be best to pay £65.00 now, rather than later, although I had applied for 'No' hearing, I was told that probably the judge would want to see me, so paying the £65 now, would save them sending a letter out to ask for the other £30. I asked what would happen next, I was told one of three things, 1) the Judge would look at my documentation and approve the Uplifting of the Stay, 2) the Judge will want a hearing, 3) the Judge would not approve my request to have the Stay Uplifted. Asked when the paperwork was going upstairs, I received a nice smile and told ...NOW...

So ladees I'm still in Limbo, no closure means more sleeples nights, like something else in my life, this problem also refuses to lie down and go to sleep.

If you are wondering what happened to me yesterday, I went somewhere and did a bit of D.I.Y rather than kicking the cat/dog. End result was that I spent a sleepless night as cramp grabbed every part of my body.

Farewell for now

Squarebob xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:) though My Heart is Aching and my wallet is empty

PS. Whenever and if ever any paperwork arrives I will scan it and try and post it on my thread.

Life sucks sometimes, doesnt it? My heart goes out to you, and others at this stage. All that work and the defendants to treat us like fools, knowing they have the system on their side.

At least its not over yet, and it may be for the best in the end?

Have a restful week-end and bring your energies back up!

By teh way, how are your alter egos managing with all this????

Love KayX

hi squarebob

Sorry you had to go all through that just to get a stay - if thats what they were going to do they could have done it all by letter and save you a wasted trip.

So really you did not have a chance to argue against the stay - but do you think there is anything else you will be able to say at the hearing to change the judges mind?

Jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Come back fighting squarebob - thinks judges are taking a bit of an easy get out with stays, they must be fed up with the amount of claims against said establishments and their lack of 'commitment' to the end. Still makes me feel a bit shakey as could really do with the offer money but!!!!!

10013078~Alice-and-the-Jury-Posters.jpg

oh dear squarebob,

so sorry to hear about the bad day you had in court yesterday.

try not to get too despondent.

I would have liked to have seen the judge's face when your application to have a stay lifted was deposited in court within minutes of you leaving !

back of the nettttt !!!

take care

alice xxx

ps.

you might not have got blisters if you had worn your sling-backs around the house first......

chin-up squirebob - we're all here for you !

Good morning Ladees and any gentlemens who might just be tempted to pop in on this wild and wicked thread.

I hope you like my family picture?? I decided to put an end to all these wanderings of the mind and come out of the closet (so to speak) by having a picture to constantly remind me of who I am. The 'Blue Pills' that I have been prescribed are doing wonders for me, I am starting to feel quite 'Perky' again.

Getting back to my "Should have worn a better pair of shoes day". I had already contacted the court several times asking what was going to happen, the last being the 12th, when I had with me a filled in N244 if a 'Stay' had been put in place, and another statement in protest at a 'Stay'being applied for. On every occassion I was told the very same thing about turning up etc on the day as normal blah blah blah. They knew, the banks especially A&L knew, what was going to happen on that day. So how much simpler to have told us all the truth, it would have saved us making fools of ourselves, wasting our time, shredding our nerves and saved my heels from getting rubbed to death.

In the waiting area, which was B I G, everyone, as usual, sat as far apart as they could from each other, even the barristers representing the banks, each one sat in a different corner of the room until 'Rumpole' of the Bailey introduced himself to one counsel, then the rest followed suit and they then all ended up on one table discussing everbody's case, no secrets amongst this lot!

The lady next to me told me that she had logged onto a website the night before and it was posted on this website that all claims at this court had been stayed, from when it did not say. I felt sorry for her as her claim should have been done months ago but due to an error in her address it had been sent to the wrong court and just stayed in limbo and to make matters worse she had already done several claims successfully for family and friends and hers was the last and now was being stayed. So, as they say, "Worse things can happen at sea".

So, I have paid out all I hopefully have to, there will be no cake on the table for the next few weeks. Hopefully all this will be classed as an investment for the future! and bear some fruit.

As it is Ladees day at the gym, i feel the urge to do a few exercises, until later, yea I verily sayeth I will continueth to pop by, whoops I feeleth the needeth for oneth of thoseth 'Blue' pills that I have been giveneth.

Oh My head it aketh i know not who or where I am or goeth.

Until I returneth xxxxx :oops:

Oh Spongey - I feel I must come into your world and watch the Salmon Dance whose creators obvioulsy had many of your blue pills - mine were red and yellow, or was that blue and white, they worked anyway, back at docs tomorrow to discuss why my world gone t*** up and why I seem to have to support everyone round me as well - think been quite strong so far - spells, incantations and a good dose of alchohol seem to work in short term!!

Seriously have you seen the video to salmon dance - Chemical Brothers, daughter put me onto it said it reminded her of no. 1 son and John Cleese (my chilid fish) in tank (who watched it avidly) and said I'd never see them again in the same light - probably right coz rate things going will be on candle power soon.

No hot water (rad off wall due to decorating - that was a month ago) bog's decided it won't flush so back to buckets of water. (Or down the garden lol) Carpet got no pile left on it, bathroom - well - bathroom:rolleyes: , bedroom not been done since moved in (83) that's 19 not 18:D On the bright side kitchen not bad though not finished. Garden not bad - my little bit of space.

Think some of this should be on another thread - BAHH!!

irregular choice!

jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE