3 alleged accounts; won all three:)

dom2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My brother died earlier this year after years of alcohol problems. His finances were in a mess of course. I was allowed to organise his affairs and with the help of this site ... great result.

RBOS, MBNA and American Express all claimed via our friends at 1st Credit.

No CCA = no pay! It was very therapeutic to help with his estate and now his children have some money from him.

The bottom line is I owe you guys around £650.00 which will come your way as soon as I've sorted out the final alleged creditor ... the tax man:( , but that's another story.

I must say IMO, 1st Credit have acted very reasonably.

I can now see things in a different perspective...

eg. letters asking for payment ... are just that ... they use words like "demand" and "must" but it's not personal, they're just trying it on as you know. Put simply, they're asking!

eg. phone calls. Yes, a problem. They actually asked for him after they were told he'd died. The problem is the automated dialling systems, the phone operators are given a line with very little background info. at first. After a couple of emails and letters the phone calls stopped. OK, it wasn't perfect but it was sorted pretty quickly.

My advice to people is ..don't get emotional, it's not personal for them, just a job. Know your facts and state them clearly, be organised and prepared to follow up. It's easy for me to say, I know, but sites like this help enormously.

I wish that people were always fair and well-meaning but they're not. It's just not feasible to expect support just when you need it, from someone who's job it is to get money from you. Sadly, that's the real world we live in and it's unrealistic to expect anything else.

I think there could be a workable solution though ...

All things considered, I wish there were an arbitration service which perhaps could be funded from the OCs and possibly the government?. It would surely be easier, fairer and dare I say cheaper too, considering medical, emotional, family AND financial costs together.

Hi dom

Sorry to hear of your loss, when reading your thread i felt sad at the thought that although you were dealing with a tragic loss and at such an emotional time you had to sort out all the financial problems as well. I know how it was when my dad died unexpectedly, my mother was beside herself and it was left to me to sort out all the financial affairs, even though my dad was quite well off and he never had any debt problems just having to deal with the banks etc, was a trauma in itself. I can't imagine how bad it was for you having to deal with grief and the bullies that work for the DCAs, thankfully you have come out the other side, almost.

But having said that you have done brilliant and you should be very proud of yourself, not only have you helped secure something for your brothers children you have also shown courage to the rest of us that these DCAs can be fought and beaten.

WHAT A LOVELY GENUINE PERSON, YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION TO US ALL.

I WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ALL THE VERY BEST FOR THE FUTURE

Take care.

Speedy :-)

Dom

Read your thread in my lunchbreak today - couldn't wait to get home to post!

Admiration mate, don't know if I could've done it.

My brother suffers from mental illness problems and his business went belly up big style, however, big sis sorted out all his financial mess.......hope I never have to.

Congratulations

Brassed Off

Thanks for your kind comments.

I've been reading here every day and now it's time for a break for a little while.

Good luck to everyone and particular thanks to Rory for his invaluable contribution.

Take care, :)