help needed to fight hsbc charges

weeamn358
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello, my girlfriend was issued with a £75 penalty charge for exceeding her £50 overdraft. She has previously requested that her overdraft facility be stopped, to which they replied they could not. As a result last weekend none of the cash machines in harrow were working so she used her card in the shop and it allowed her to go over her limit, which it should not have been able to do. To give a better understanding of her situation, my girlfriend is partially sighted and cannot read her account balance, so therefor is unable to know if she is going to exceed her funds, that is precisely the reason for requesting a stop to her overdraft facility and the ability to exceed it. can anyone offer me some advice on what to do???

thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, some how nobody replied to your post.

Firstly welcome to CAG, you will find a host of forums on her that you can source information for getting your money back from the bank.

Firstly have a read of this thread, it will explain most things

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html

Has your girlfreind EVER had the same sort of charges put onto her account. Check back statements as far back as you have them to find out. If she doesnt have copies of statements, you can request a list of all charges from her bank. If so, post on here and will point in right direction with template letter to send etc.

Next thing to do is to write to your girlfriends bank using the Pre lim letter in the above link.

Advise you read up and learn as much as you can and stay ahead of what the banks response will be. Post on here your progress and any questions and you will get help. I will get notice of any posts on here now, so you will be answered.... eventually :)

You will get your money back if you follow the correct procedures.

Celicaman

• Haha 1

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'