GOGW confusion

Aoife
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Does anybody know whether you have to inform the court of a GOGW. I've seen some posts that say not. Abbey deposited a GOGW before i started my claim, so I put on my LBA that I did not accept this as settlement and they could remove it any time. Or they could forward balance. They did nothing and I went on with claim for full amount. Now it is quite some time later and I have withdrawn the GOGW money.

My question is :- Do I have to inform the court of this or not? Although it was not offered as a final settlement I did say they could take it back out. However, they cannot do that now as I have spent it....!!!

Appreciate any advice on this.

Many thanks Aoife

Hi Aoife

Have a look at this link:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/32932-have-you-had-gogw.html

My understanding from reading this that you DO have to inform the Court, in fact as the GoGW was made before you filed, you should have deducted it from your claim amount.

Anyway, I hope the link should give you guidance on how to rectify the situation.

Best regards

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Thanks for this I will have a look. But I forgot to mention. Abbey refunded miscellaneous charges of a certain amount and then also some specific charges that I had not included in my claim (ie most recent ones). Therefore should i only tell the court to consider taking a partial amount off my claim?

Aoife

Hi Aiofe

Do you mean they cancelled future charges?, eg they told me they were giving me £480, but I actually only got £430, because they cancelled the charges due to go on at the end of the month.

If that is the case then yes, you only reduce your claim by the actual amount of money they gave you.

Hope that helps

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

I've just dug out the letter and checked it says:- "I'm happy to refund £xxxx which includes charges yet to be debited from your account."

These future charges are the ones not included.