Financial Ombusman

Nads

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I'll keep this as short as I can, I started my claim in Feb 07, sent my LBA in Mar 07, then it got complicated LTSB made we a silly offer, but then said they would deduct the amount from my debt with them. So I passed my claim over to the financial Ombusman. Whom have dealt with my claim quite quickly, kept me informed of progress etc. They requested various evidence from LTSB, funny enough they have now come back with an improved offer and I assumed have not provided the evidence.

Okay, my claim is for over £4,000 including contractual interest. LTSB have made an offer of £1,350. Without interest the amount owed is £1,943. Can anyone answer my questions.

1. When does the 6 years start, I am going by the date I sent the 1st letter. (not the DPA letter). Is this correct.

2. I want to reject the claim, and either go for the full amount or reject the claim and go for interest as well, has anyone done this via the Ombusman, and better still has anyone been successful, claiming with interest that is?

Lloyds TSB: Settled after FO assistance

Co-operative Bank: Settled - Goodwill gesture:)

Hi

Yes the 6 years starts from when you sent your 1st letter (the SAR if you sent that in Feb)

I'm also going through the FO at the moment (but for PPI on a loan) and have just received an offer of the full amount asked for - after receiving an offer of about half in their last letter!

There is a letter on here to send them about rejecting an offer - but I don't have a link to it at the moment, sorry - it should be in the template letters at the top though. Plus you can say you'll accept it as PART payment towards the total due!

Good luck

Sharon x

xSharon x

Debtfreemummy (well I will be - one day!) :grin:

-LLOYDS TSB (2 accounts)

Sep 07 - awaiting current bank/OFT court case

-Lloyds TSB Visa - S.A.R - sent 1.5.07 - rec'd statements but not in full

-Mint Visa - S.A.R - sent 1.5.07 - not rec'd anything!

-Marbles Visa - S.A.R - sent 1.5.07 - statements rec'd 14.6.07 but not in full!

-Egg Visa - S.A.R - sent 1.5.07 - rec'd statements

-Lloyds TSB Loan PPI - after going through FOS received offer of full amount + interest!