• Tweets

• https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/406231-the-pre-action-protocol-for-debt-claims-is-made-by-the-master-of-the-rolls-as-head-of-civil-justice-1st-oct-2017/#comment-5145126  
    • Quick update. I've now recieved a letter before action from them with a PAP form to return enclosed, still no credit agreement however. I assume just a case of following the PAP thread and returning form with no CCA as the reason?
    • Thanks for coming back and letting us know. Obviously we totally disagree with their decision.  Their remortgaging could only have gone wrong if they had ended up with a CCJ.  And how do you get a CCJ?  If you lose in court and then defy the court and don't pay.  Even if you lose in court, you don't get a CCJ as long as you pay within the 30 days ordered by the court.  Even had they lost in court the judge would have disallowed the interest and the £70 Unicorn Food Tax that PE made up.  There was no advantage whatsoever for giving in and paying now. But thanks to you for letting us know - a hell of a lot of users don't.
    • Hi everyone.   Before I say anything, TFL finally responded to the email I sent last week:   Thank you for your email, we acknowledge the signed documents you have returned in preparation for your hearing.   We note that this matter is causing you some stress and anxiety, however this is not a reason for TfL to discontinue proceedings. It is not unusual for passengers that have been summonsed to court to experience these symptoms, and we do have some empathy with your concerns.   However, as previously stated, TfL do not accept out of court settlements, and you will have the opportunity at your hearing, to provide your mitigation to the court prior to a decision being reached by them on how they intend to deal with this matter (usually a fine).   I am sorry that this decision is not more favourable.   Yours sincerely   James Vallis     At least he sounds more sympathetic in this email…   Only one week to go until the court hearing and I am so so nervous. I’ve prepared some questions and answers in preparation for what to say to the magistrate. It will help calm me down if I know roughly what to expect. If you could give feedback on it that would be great. If you have anything to add please do let me know.   As far as I know the court hearing will happen in these stages: Introduction and statement of facts Pleading guilty for the journeys I made with my mother’s card Penalty sentencing Appeal (if charged with a criminal record)   Am I guilty? Yes.   Why did I not pay the fare legally? Last year there was a lot going on in my life and I was struggling financially so to relieve some of this I used my mother’s Oyster card. I know it’s not an excuse and it’s still wrong.   Why do I not accept a criminal record? I really don’t want it to affect my chances of finding a job in the future. I will be the one earning money in my family so I am doing my best and studying hard to be able to get a good job. A criminal record would mean that regardless of how hard I’m working I won’t get the job I want after I graduate. This fills me with so much regret, sadness and disappointment in myself. I just want to be a good daughter for my mother because she’s already had to deal with many hardships in her life and I don’t want to make it any harder for her.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Here is WRAGGES 6 PAGE DEFENCE - have a read

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5834 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Jan,

So glad I cheered you up today

sorry to hear you've had a hard day.

Every day is like this in our House

We live in the house that Jack Built

or thats what it feels like

We never seem to have the money to bring in the professionals.

so consequently we have always

suffered from BOTCHULISM

If you can't fix it Botch It - thats our Motto.

After god knows how many years of teetering

we can finally use a toilet

that doesn't walk across the floor

when we're sitting on it.

the last one didn't have any screws in to tie it down to the floor.

they had rotted, rusted, and broken off

with the constant use of bleach.

So we're thrilled with ourselves now

as we're not in any more danger of being rushed to hospital

in a most uncomprising position with our pants down

How embarrassing would that be ? :p

BUT, and its a BIG BUT

we plumbed it in ourselves

so theres always time for a catastrophe

which come to think of it there was on the night

we actually plumbed it in. Forgot about that !

I'd newly decorated it all

plastered up the hole in the ceiling

and it looked great - just left enough room to reach the stop-cock.

EXCEPT -

just hours after plumbing the loo in

the stop cock started dripping slowly,

then Badly, and then completely flooded out the Loo

My new wallpaper came unstuck about 6" around the wall

and we had to knock a bloody hole back in the ceiling

to get to the pipes leading to the stop-cock.

Fortunately it was the washer that needed tightening up

but the hole is still in the ceiling, and will remain there for

the next ten years.

I have just restuck the paper, only yesterday, and thought

about tackling the ceiling..... but thought - another day....

theres a million jobs to be tackled here

we live in a tumbling down rickety old georgian cottage.

but oddly enough

I like it that way.....

I love the irregularity and imperfections.

Must be mad !!!

and I haven't done a thing today,

I've been like a limp old lettuce,

Well I've done one thing,

I've tried to freshen up my favourite curtains that the

dog widdled on, last week.

When I hoovered the soot off the curtains

sadly I managed to hoover off half my flowers on the bottom

They are Indian Crewel Work Curtains

where the flowers are actually embroidered on to the fabric.

I've had them out on the line today to freshen them up

Mmmmmmmmmm Love the smell of sunshine on fabric.

Wonder if the Court will accept Credit Cards

for my AQ Fee

this postal strike has thrown me.

doesn't help that its been random areas.

will ring and ask tomorrow

would save me a drive in if they will.

alice in sootyland

xx

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Alice,

Could not resist a quick reply, you sound like me with a skirt on, it is a complement honest, you and me can't keep our hands to ourselves. In the past ****** years, I have virtually rebuilt 4 houses and countless others for other people. If any one is in a jam, they all knock on my door, it's only since this Wraggy thing has started that I just don't find the time to do anything. But tomorrow I will definitely find time to lay a path for the unmarried mothers home, Wragges can wait!.

Soot, like plaster dust, no matter what you do to keep it in one place, it gets everywhere, and takes ages to get rid of, and tastes orrible. Your toilet reminds me of this house, everytime you sat down, the toilet moved. So came the day of doing the bathroom, up came the carpet, it was everywhere, up the side of the bath and halfway up the walls. Anyway when the carpet came up there ws a hole at the back of the pan, closer inspection revealed no floorboards and the toilet just resting on the stink pipe, seems the glued carpet was holding it upright! The living room was just as bad, the previous owner left a couch behind, very generous I thought, until I came to move it and found half the floor missing. So Alice, we have both had some fun along the way. Wondered where all the jackdaws went, have not seen one here for ages, they must have all gone down your way. And on that note, I must get ready for tomorrow, I think I'll wear the string vest and skimpy shorts topped off with a pair of 'red boots'.

Night Night Alice xxx :-)

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Squarebob

you're back again

Hmmmmmmm

you're going to lay a path for the unmarried mothers home tomorrow -

will this path by any chance be leading to your very own front door ? :p

that'll be why you'll be wearing the red high heel boots

skimpy shorts

and string vest ! ! !

to entrance and enchant them.

Lovely to hear from you again squareboots

we've all missed you !

theres no one here to make us all laugh :p

ps

hope those shorts don't give you a builder's bum. :eek:

pps

will the courts accept a credit card payment,

as postal strike now biting hard.

alice in sootyland

xxx

just been outside - in the pitch black dark

(whats happened to that gorgeous silvery full moon)

to retrieve my beautiful curtains off the line

(just in case it rains overnight)

and guess who's just stumbled and tripped (two left feet)

and fallen into.................

a pile of black bin bags full of soot !!!

alice in despair / disrepair

xxx

just rang my local court

they still haven't received my £100. AQ Fee Cheque :eek:

which was posted 1st Class Recorded Delivery on Wednesday afternoon.

now Friday morning.

Rang Local Post Office

Confirmed Postal Strike -

although we received post here for the first time in 3 days ??

So Going to have a nice sunny trip out

over to my local court with another cheque

to ensure it arrives within their deadline.

the first one to spot the court gets a sixpence ! ! !

and I was going to instal the woodburner this afternoon.....

another day another dollar

alice in wonderland

left wondering - pondering

if both cheques are going to be cashed now

inevitable, I suppose, unless i cancel one this afternoon.

how much is it to cancel a cheque ?

xxx

Well - I'll go to the foot of our stairs.....

Drove over to local court to hand deliver my AQ Fee

this afternoon.

gets into the main reception,

handed in my cheque with covering letter, explaining postal strike, etc.,

and the nice lady said

"Oh we received your cheque this morning !"

"have you cancelled the first cheque now"

advised I hadn't....

so everything is F.A.B. for now

wasn't a wasted trip as our

teenage daughter got to

look round (and buy) in the River Island Sales.

came home a few pounds lighter (the monetary kind !)

but all pleased all round :p

the days panic over

alice at the Foot of Our Stairs

xxx

thankyou mizzpy :p

very kind of you to let me know cost of cancelling the cheque is £10.

as it is, I drove over to local court with second cheque,

and they advised me at the counter when i got there -

they'd received the first cheque posted on wednesday this morning.

but it cost me much more than £10 in the end,

as I was sucked into the river island sales with my daughter !

many thanks for your help. :p

happy days

alice in nodland - well almost - on her way up now.....

Ooooohhhh

You know you're getting old, when you really look forward to climbing into bed..... Ohhhh the relief when you get in there.....

Zed.. Zed..Zedddd Zeddding away.....

Nightie night y'all

alice xxx

Hi,

with all the work going on here

forgot to mention

that last week

Wragges upped their offer from £120.

to just over £1k

Here is Wragge's letter:-

1. Our Client will pay the sum of £ 1k in respect of your claim.

(this offer is HALF the amount I am currently claiming)

2. Our Client will pay your Court fee of £120.

3. Payment will be made to you within 28 days of your acceptance of this offer.

4. This offer is made on the basis that you accept our client's terms and conditions of your account previously notified to you and that charges will be applied in accordance with their current charging policy.

If you wish to acept this offer please contact the writer on the number below.

I have emailed Wragges, advising that this latest amount is only for

half the amount I am claiming.

and neither Accepted nor Declined It.

but Do I need to Decline this offer ?

many thanks

Alice in paintball-land

xxx

Morning Alice!

I think their offers are only valid for 10 days or so anyway Alice. I'd be inclined to decline it though. You will get the full amount by default if you hang onicon12.gif

Mimi xx

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

you may get some perverse pleasure by writing the letter - if you will , then do it!

On a more serious note can anyone ask this question:confused:

I have recently been told I have various food intolerances which mean for 6 weeks I have given up dairy, yeast ,eggs ,so no bread ,milk, cheese gravy yorkshire puds ,ice cream , beer,wine,cider etc.etc.etc.(the list is too long)

SO WHY HAVE I NOT LOST ANY WEIGHT!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

could it be the bacardis?

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Janus,

I know a bit about this as my partner suffers from intolerances ... mainly gluten, also types of fish, nuts, fruit, etc., etc.

Where were you tested? I only ask because so many tests do not actually work:rolleyes: The best food intolerance test I believe is by York Bio Labs and it's a blood test you can do by post (not cheap:rolleyes:). Their testing is used by some of the top nutritionists in the country. Did you go through your doctor and was it a blood test?

My partner lost 12lbs in a month when he gave up these foods, though some he can have on a "rotate" basic. Gluten is the biggest problem and he lost 12lbs in a month when he gave this up. He's since put it back on though compensating by eating more chocolate, etc.! He's been tested for gluten twice and remains intolerant, so has been advised to try and keep off it for life:shock:

This probably doesn't answer your question at all, just thought I'd share as it's a big part of our lives ...

Mimi x

your claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Janus,

I know a bit about this as my partner suffers from intolerances ... mainly gluten, also types of fish, nuts, fruit, etc., etc.

Where were you tested? I only ask because so many tests do not actually work:rolleyes: The best food intolerance test I believe is by York Bio Labs and it's a blood test you can do by post (not cheap:rolleyes:). Their testing is used by some of the top nutritionists in the country. Did you go through your doctor and was it a blood test?

My partner lost 12lbs in a month when he gave up these foods, though some he can have on a "rotate" basic. Gluten is the biggest problem and he lost 12lbs in a month when he gave this up. He's since put it back on though compensating by eating more chocolate, etc.! He's been tested for gluten twice and remains intolerant, so has been advised to try and keep off it for life:shock:

This probably doesn't answer your question at all, just thought I'd share as it's a big part of our lives ...

Mimi x

actually mine was york testing -and I am happy with the results -as i had suspected one of the foods that came up. Its just that it has been hard work and although I do feel better I thought a bit of compensation might have been losing a bit of weight. Actually the yeast is the hardest bit at it is all salad dressings all breads etc.and even things you wouldnt imagine (a certain brand of organic beefburgers why?)

But as I say most days I have felt better in myself so I think it was worth it.:grin:

jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Glad you had the York one done and that you feel bettericon7.gif Shame about the weight all the same:rolleyes:

Yes, we have the same problem with gluten, it's in EVERYTHINGicon12.gif (or seems to be). The one saving grace is that he can have oats, it's the other kind of gluten he can't have (gliadin?), so basically anything with flour/rye/barley in he can't have (including beer:rolleyes:).

Mimi x

your claim

Unfortunately sb my other half cannot have any fish in the cod/haddock family, or certain vegetables and fruit. Seem to spend half my life trying to find recipes that don't exist:rolleyes:

There's no way I'm being tested ... chocolate makes me sneeze like mad, so I strongly suspect it's one food I'm intolerant/allergic to, but I have no wish to know whatsoever, I couldn't survive without iticon12.gif I'd rather be chubby, bloated and happy thank you!

It's seems to almost always be the case that we're intolerant to the foods we like/eat the mosticon9.gif

Mimi x

your claim

For A Cat,.......I Hate fish, one bone......and I'm off:

Salmon brings me out in a rash, and as for 'Salt Fish' YUUK!

'Yellow Peril and Kippers'! How did our ancestors eat them for Breakfast.

Tell the old man to do as I do, everything in 'Moderation', I would rather die with a smile on my face than ?

Lucifer xxx (Tom's gone carousing)

Everything in moderation ... must try that oneicon11.gif

Yet another AKA bob:confused: I rather miss having a doppelganger ...

You "horny" ol' devil youicon12.gif

Mimi x

your claim

I'm in the dark here Mimi

what would make him 'go'

with a smile on his face ? :p

I'm off to

Bedfordshire now.....

been paint-balling all day

and I'm jiggered.

nightie night

alice in nodland

xxx

Perhaps his favourite food ... like the cat that got the creamicon12.gif Or could it be something more sinister I wonder now that he's feeling develish:confused:

Night night Alice, sleep tight.

Mimi xx

your claim

Good morning ladees,

Decided to drop the 'Good Persona' and go and join brother Tom for a night on the tiles. Where does that cat get his energy from? He was 'Hopping and Bopping' all over the place, and as for female felines, there were too many to count, how Tom remembers all their names is a mystery. Met a nice feline from Cheshire who kept on smiling all night, another feline came from Persia and spent most of the evening in the powder room, while another feline was from Burma, quite pleasant, didn't say much, just kept on nodding when asked a question. Anyway was glad when the sun came up and it was time to go home, no sign of Tom though. Walked home with a nice feline from Paris, over here visiting relatives, so I'll be popping round later to take here for a stroll around the park.

I've just had a glass of Sanatogen and popped a few liver pills, I've had to put on my 'Surgical Stockings' as my legs are starting to ache. Busy day today, got to go and see the Mother Superior about Tom and his antics, not looking forward to that, but looking forward to seeing, Oh what was her name? Mimi? Fifi? Michelle? Aleece?? Oh well, I'll find out later, maybe the grey cells are not working becauseos I don't eat enough Fish!

Bye Bye Ladees, Have a sooper day, Your friend Lucifer xxxx

monshurrr squarebobbles

never mind trying to throw us with your new alias of Lucifer

we all know who you are -

Officer Dibble

has been making enquiries after you Top Cat

he's hot on your TAIL ! ! ! Ha ha ha ha

alice in snitch-land :p

xxx