Jump to content

Sdfs Help Needed Urgent Please


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I'm quite new to all of this, but I would send a CCA request to them, this will buy you more time if nothing else. I personally wouldn't accept their claims untilthey gave me proof to back it up.


Sorry I'm not much help, but as I say I'm very new to all of this, but I'm sure someone with more experience will be able to help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

great advice given

carry on with you payments to whom you made the agreement with.


as for the CCA request.


i would do that ASAP,

include the line that says something to the effect of:


'i enclose the statutory £1 fee for the provisioin of the CCA request. Please note that this IS NOT to be used as payment against any alleged debt you may claim i have with you'


FYI: most catalogue Co. never have CCA's anyhow, so you might well find this is the last you hear of this debt.


do a bit of reading about CCA requests & their timescales too.


best of luck


and we are all with you.


just remember that a DCA has NO LEGAL POWERS.

so do not think that anything they write is correct in law.

most letter are just designed to intimidate you into paying them monies for debts they have brought.




please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As others have said - don't panic - there is nothing they can legally do to you and nothing is urgent. Thay have no legal powers and the aren't about to send anyone to visit or commence any form of legal action whatever they may say.


However that said I would suggest that you browse a few of the threads on this forum so that you can be prepared for some of the harassing tactics these people employ.


Never telephone these people - certainly not on an 0870 and should they contact you by phone refuse to discuss anything with them and insist that they deal with you exclusively in writing.


It is worthwhile asking for a CCA (you probably won't get one) and also a full statement of the account so you can work out why they say you owe them that amount.


Each time you write you should repeat that you do not acknowledge the alleged debt.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...