• Tweets

• This is the other sign  parking sign 1a.pdf
    • 4 means that they need to name and then tell the people who will be affected that there has been an application made, what the application relates to (specificially "whether it relates to the exercise of the court’s jurisdiction in relation to P’s property and affairs, or P’s personal welfare, or to both) and what this application contains (i.e what order they want made as a result of it) 5 just means that teh court think it is important that the relevant people are notified 7 means that the court need more information to make the application, hence they have then made the order of paragraph 1 which requires the applicant to do more - this means the court can't make a decision with the current information, and need more, hence paragraph one of the order is for the applicant to do more. paragraph 3 of the order gives you the ability to have it set aside, although if it was made in january you are very late. Were you notiifed of the application or not?    
    • These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
    • Unless I've got an incorrect copy of the relevant regulation: The PCN is only deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch "unless the contrary is proved" in which case date of delivery does matter (not just date of posting) and I would like clarification of the required standard of proof. It seems perhaps this hasn't been tested. Since post is now barcoded for the Post Office's own tracking purposes perhaps there is some way I can get that evidence from the Post Office...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Sainsbury's local

Foo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hope this is the right section.

couldnt find a 'shop section' with sainbury's in so thread goes here.

sainbry local took over our local shop around 12months ago, since then they have hiked prices up to shocking amounts on some items.

a list i mailed their CS dept shown that things like cigs at £2.76 5mins away is £3.10 at sainsbury local. also milk, 15p more on 2pnt, bread 20p more than average price. after how much things were i stopped going their but id email the CS and ask if the price match applies to all there stores after explaining to them my queries. they sent an email back saying::

Dear Foo

Thank you for contacting us. I note from your email that you would like to know why our Local stores are more expensive than our larger stores.

We have a national pricing policy for our large stores so customers across the country can enjoy consistent prices. Our smaller stores are normally open for longer hours and we often have to pay our landlords higher rent for their more convenient locations. For this reason we have to charge slightly higher prices in order to make them financially viable.

We monitor all our prices regularly and keep a close eye to ensure they remain fair. We believe our convenience stores are competitive with other small, local convenience stores. These smaller stores are operated for customers who like the convenience they offer and are happy to pay a small premium in return.

I understand your concerns about the price of some of our products. It is difficult to make a like for like comparison between our prices and those charged by other shops because so many different factors are involved. However, we do recognise that price is very important to our customers and will continue to invest in lower prices.

At the present time we have no plans to introduce a single set of prices. We have found that our customers do like the service offered by our convenience stores and that they are willing to pay a small premium in return. We have never tried to hide this from customers, who consider one of the key benefits of these stores is that they enable them to save time, rather than money. We do compare our stores’ prices with those of our competitors who have similar sized stores and we are committed to offering high quality products at great prices.

Thank you once again for taking the time to contact us. I do hope this information is useful to you.

Kind regards

Teresa Martin

Customer Manager

after emailing again and again they now refusing to answer me on the matter of price matching!!! how ignorant of them!!

its not important i know but if i find out they have to price match then im just going to have the day down there and hassle them for a couple of hours with a couple of trolleys worth of price matching.

thanks for your time, should they price match ill post the video on youtube to keep you all entertained for a short while :lol::lol:

Big companies like that are going to charge more money in order to pay their overheads etc.. However I do see your point about the charges.

the only overheads they got in my eyes is the cost over pricing the buisness to obtain it from the original local people there fore giving them more money than they would of got for the buisness and in turn the customer pays for it. to be honest id rather pay a little extra for a local outlet rather than sainsburys who turn over millions a year! the result is the big chain monopoly!!

how long before we change our great british name for one of 'Tescoland' or some such.

maybe i should just grow old gracefully and quit the whinging. :D

If its cheaper 5 mins away why don't you get the exercise, save some money and help support what I guess is an independant shop?

that is exactly what i am doing, but i wonder how long this shop will last before it gets taken over or put out buisness.

Having read the thread, it seems you are dis-heartened in the fact the Local Sainsburys store charges more for selected items than you can randomly purchase for slightly cheaper prices should you desire to walk or drive to another store of your choice.

Using the word lightly Local means local to the community hence local store, these stores which might i add are the same if owned by say Tesco are all postioned to assist the local people, the cost of running such stores are greatly higher than those that are classed as supermarkets, The corner shop that you mention is cheaper, than the Local Sainsburys, remember that the corner shop only has one or two members of staff, are only open at set hours to suit the owner, most products there sell are not fresh and offer less selection of items to buy, some seldomly have what you want anyway. Wheres the local Sainsburys have higher costs to maintain, such as staff wages, rents, operate at hours that most corner shops don't and of course stock a vast range of products which are fresh on a daily basis to assist the customers that visit them. Yes some products might be cheaper at one shop than the other, but ask yourself would you drive or walk 2 miles to save 5p. The costs of doing such would out weigh the saving you might have made. Supermarkets don't get the products for free, there have buyers to pay and delivery charges etc to maintain, buying in vast bulk offers the chance to pass savings onto customers, if the supermarket bought a 10 items for lets say £1.50 would you expect to pay £1.50 the answer would be No, as other charges have to be calulated before the item is released for sale, so that item could be on the shelf within hours at a selling rate of say £1.99

Pricing is always going to be a talking point, no two stores are going to price the same, its all about competion, just like no two corner shops are going to price the same, one will always try to under sell to gain more custom. Theres more to just opening up each day and say oh i'll charge this price for this item, why don't you write to Sainsburys head office in London, i have the address should you want it, and ask if you can arrange a day inside there stores to see how things happen, and what goes on behind the scenes before opening up. I am sure you will be over-whelmed at what goes on, pricing is just a small porpotion of daily activities in local stores and supermarkets, even just the corner shop. No one is in business to lose money, but no one is going to intentionally over price and lose custom either. all is fair in love and war so there say.

ON another note, lets mention Petrol, Sainsburys sell petrol at much cheaper prices to the local petrol station at the end of the road, do you complain and not support the local one, what swings around eh.

Customers have Freedom of choice, hence shop where there like and pay the price there think is okay to them, if there don't like the price, there can shop around to get cheaper.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

I do find it a little bit weird how the same company charges different prices for the same goods. Only today, I was in a Tesco store in a town in Manchester. Coca Cola there was on offer at £2.50 for two. The same cola in the city centre, from Tesco, is 30p cheaper on the same deal.

I suppose it will come down to market forces, and these can be said to be local as well as national.

There is a thread in which a moderator talked about companies relying on consumers being gullable. This is a prime example. Stores say they are the best price, but rarely are not. Last week, Tesco confirmed my contents insurance quote (£660), and said I should ensure I take up their "market beating offer". I won't bother telling them that their "market beating offer" is over £400 more expensive than the quote I went with (for the same level of cover) becasue I know it will not get me anywhere.

These promises unfortunately are so vague that it is difficult to pin these companies down and force them to be more realistic in their adverts.

If a corporation says it - treat it with a hefty dose of salt.