Kennythecelt V Endeavour Personal Finance, HSBC

kennythecelt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My main thread has been on Halifax/ BOS. Reading through statements from them reminded me of an Endeavour Personal Finance account.

Is this the right place to post??

Endeavour seem like quite an operation and I want to go to war with them. I have my full history with them which arrived in 3 days no charge for that.

Account opened Dec 2000, advance to me of £14,000. That same day, insurance premium of £3640 added leaving balance of £17,640. Think I was conned with that one and not sure if any of it can be claimed back.

There are several charges of £15 and £20 for telephone call fee and account service fee. I know how to tackle them.

I missed several direct payments from Dec 2000 to account settlement on 14/8/03. Sometimes that happens as CAGers will know. However, from the statements, it appears that although I paid a substantial sum, that the closing balance was higher than the start date. Must be some interest rate.

Are this crowd that bad, because I can't believe it.

When I settled this account, which was paid in full, the last few entries make interesting reading. Presumably because I settled early, well who wouldn't, they charged me

£160 settlement interest

£917 settlement penalty interest

£95 Settlement admin fee

They did pay back some of the insurance premium amounting to £700, which was £2900 less than the whole charge. Can anything be done about the insurance, should I get a copy of the agreement and how would I approach it.

What do you guys think????? Your comments are most welcome!!!

Thanks auburngreeneyes.

I did not realise it either. At the bottom of my statements, it says "member HSBC Group".

They gave me statements going back to 19/12/00. Slightly more than 6 years.

The banks seem to be putting about a misconception that they don't hold records for more than 6 years. I don't believe that one. It seems to be a delay tactic and they need to be pushed. Conversation with HBOS indicates statements go back an awful lot further, if they are pushed. But I have yet to see the actual evidence in my case.

I have found the PPI forum and am getting clued up on the insurance (possible mis selling) [problem].

Further advice welcome.

Phoned Endeavour

Beneficial House

Easthampstead Rd

Bracknell

RG12 1NS

TELE 01344 356 000

Put several issues to them, as I wanted to test their reaction.

1. Insurance policy. Put it to them I had absolutely no need for a policy as in full time employment and had other cover. Said it was missold. They said sorry, we will look into it , don't like that kind of thing. Your loan was arranged by a broker- Central Capital. We will investigate and send you a copy of the original policy. (not sure who has obligation and who I should pursue)

2. They will send a copy of the consumer credit agreement. Lets see.

3. Mentioned Settlement penalty fee interest of £917. Seemed more difficult on that one. Oh that's in the contract and you signed for it. But we will investigate it for you. Lets see

4. Settlement Admin fee- £95, asked for breakdown

They said would investigate and reply in 7 days. I know what answer I am expecting, so

Tonight I complete S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) FOR Insurance doc and consumer credit agreement. Then LBA, requesting full reimbursement of charges.

Can anyone offer advice re who I should pursue on insurance. Endeavour or Central Capital (agent)

Hi we had a secured loan with these but i can't find any of my details to ask for my statements we must have paid thousands in charges they took us to court to try and reposse our house but didn't win judge told us to pay £181 for the next 4 years i thought we were finished then so rang them they said we still owed £8,000 cause had paid no interest for 4 years so we remortgaged again and paid them off. How you getting on was going to try and ring them see if i can get any of my details.

You've obviously looked through your statements so phone them. They sent me the full statements after a phone call. (good luck)

Here are contact details:

Beneficial House

Easthampstead Rd

Bracknell

RG12 1NS

TELE 01344 356 000

Prelim letter now issues to them.

Lets see what happens!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, update and file note

response received from Endeavour Personal Finance.

They say that they cannot supply the consumer credit agreement as they do not have a copy. They keep limited information in order to comply with the terms of the Data Protection Act by not keeping information longer than necessary. (sounds more and more common). Can this fact work to my advantage?

They also therefore, cannot supply a copy of the settlement statement either as this was July 2003. The advise however that it would have been calculated under the Consumer Credit (rebate of early settlement) Regulations 1983. The amount is classed as Penalty Interest on the statement and amounts to £917. (That is roughly 8 times the monthly payment of £150.)

If the courts got sight of the words Penalty Interest, would this help me??

They explained the Settlement Interest and I accept I cannot reclaim that as it was interest during the closing period of the account.

Re penalty charges. These were according to them, as outlined in the original credit agreement. These amount to £98. They say that the OFT report of April 2006 does not apply to their type of account and that their charges were outlined in the original agreement. But again, they cannot supply it.

They totally refute any liability in respect of PPI saying that I should pursue it with Central Capial Ltd who acted as credit broker and arranged the policy. Are they correct here anyone??

Lastly, they say I can complain to the Finance Industry Standards Association if I am unhappy. Who are they?? They make no reference to complaining to the Financial Ombudsman Service. I thought they had to include that paragraph. Am I wrong?

Anyone any comments, anyone?

File note and for anyone seeking a document or info. SSL posted it and created by Spiceskull.

As he says

"The following site has a number of websites backed up going back in some cases to 1996. It might be useful for digging out those old terms and conditions."

****Serious request please.****

Might turn up what you are looking for!!

• 1 year later...
Hi thanks for information i am going through all old letters see if i can find anything with details of loan. That thread serious matters i tried that but couldn't get anything. :(

SEND AN APPLICATION REQUEST UNDER DPA 1998 S7 AND ASK FOR PHONE AND LOG FILES, REMIND THEM THAT THEY HAVE A DUTY TO REPLY AND SUPPLY YOU WITH A REQUEST FOR A FEE. The law that states they have to keep info for "not longer than is necessary " is nonsensed by the legal requirement to keep info in case of a criminal offence, this has no time limit.if tyhey fail to reply report them to their proffessional body and also to the ico and fsa. I am sure you will find that magically the docs will appear.all docs produced as part of a process,i.e loans on the internet, are covered by the dpa 1998 fronn oct 2001 are covered by law.

SEND AN APPLICATION REQUEST UNDER DPA 1998 S7 AND ASK FOR PHONE AND LOG FILES, REMIND THEM THAT THEY HAVE A DUTY TO REPLY AND SUPPLY YOU WITH A REQUEST FOR A FEE. The law that states they have to keep info for "not longer than is necessary " is nonsensed by the legal requirement to keep info in case of a criminal offence, this has no time limit.if tyhey fail to reply report them to their proffessional body and also to the ico and fsa. I am sure you will find that magically the docs will appear.all docs produced as part of a process,i.e loans on the internet, are covered by the dpa 1998 fronn oct 2001 are covered by law.

you can also call anyone as a witness to a conversation including their members of staff so tell them you will require the identities of all members of staff concerned with your business to call as potential witnesses and say you do not remember who they are so they have to be named so they can be served ,including the person you are speaking to. Also remind them perjury is an offence so they had better be prepared to be asked whether they would be prepared for a prison sentence if their info is wrong. they will soon want you off their backs.

Great advice Lawman. But can I suggest checking the date of the post you are advising on as Molly posted this 22nd August 2007! :eek:!

I am not criticising you or your advice I just think you may be wasting your time on old threads.:)

I am pretty sure she has dealt with this now.

Hi freaky . Thanks , mate! Phew.... I thought it me that was getting the wrong end of the stick ........:confused: and there was a hidden post somewhere LOL!

A while since you've posted on the old HSBC site mate - are you OK ? :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Hi Johnny.:)

I must admit I thought I had missed something at first. Its easily done though.:D

Yeah I'm good ta. I take a peek in here now and again but you and the Castlemeister seem to have it sewn up these days.:(;).

Good to see you buddy!!

Keep up the good work.:)

• Haha 1