Harrassing Calls From Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About 6 months ago we got a new telephone number from virgin media and since then we have been plagued by phone calls from banks and other financial institutions and we explained evertime that we didnt know these people and this was outr new number. All the rest have stopped except HALIFAX. sometimes we are getting calls 3 times a day! then nothing for a week or two then it starts again. We have told them over and over that the person does not live at this address with this phone number .They apologise but say they cannot take the number off the database because its automated.They just rang yet again and my husband lost his temper and threatened them with court action for harrassment in our home and they again said sorry but there is nothing they can do - its an automated service that calls the number when a payment is missed. I telephoned virgin media but all they can offer is another number change - but they cant guarantee that any other number would be different and besides I just got used to this new number and have given it to all my friends and family. I really cant see why HALIFAX cant remove a number from their database. Any advise on what we can do about it?.:(

You could try using the telephone harassment letter and "tweak" it to suit your circumstances. It can be found in the templates section.

Best wishes.

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

The 'automated' excuse is always trotted out, as it has been known that defaulters are pretty plausible in giving excuses (like yours) to get them to stop calling.

What you do it next time you receive a call, you ask if there is any notes on the account that Ms X is not at this phone number anymore? Note their reply, and ask to speak with or have a callback from a supervisor as you need to discuss this matter urgently. If this isn't possible, explain that you have no intention of being harassed and ask for the name and address of anyone at Halifax that would be in a position to resolve this issue. State that if you do not receive this info, or the calls do not stop, you will contract OFCOM and escalate the matter.

Assuming you get the address details, WRITE by recorded delivery, giving 28 days for your number to be removed from their records - state the date - and advise a formal complaint will be raised should you receive further calls AFTER that date.

Halifax really should get their house in order. They have recently lost a harrassment case (I can't remember if it was civil or criminal) where they were constanty chasing someone for a debt they didn't owe. You'd think that they would learn their lesson...

Thanks for all the advice guys - I telephoned the Halifax Customer Relations today (press one if it concerns your bank charges:) )was tempted to press one and ask where my SAR is!) anyway, I spoke to a nice lady who apologised and said she would search their database and take my number off from wherever she could see it and gave me a case ref.number incase I get anymore calls - so hopefully thats the end of the matter. we'll see!:rolleyes: