Barclays send doorstep person

jacqueline
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

A year or so ago i had a problem with my income and asked Barclays to apply an overdraft facility to my account. They said i was refused due to credit scoring but then proceeded to apply an overdraft to my account. I used said overdraft and immediately it was revoked and i received letters telling me i was overdrawn and would be charged. My money went into my account, overdraft was cleared and charges refunded. I made a complaint and found out that several overdraft applications had been made without my knowledge and also one or two credit card applications. Barclays couldn't provide me with my consent to these (bar 2) and said as i had obviousley consented to two i must have consented to all. Again i complained. I then found out that i had a student account with a £350 overdraft facility, not the account i had opened initially and nor was i informed of teh change to my account (paperwork and statements to proove this). Barclays couldn't understand why i was complaining. I complained about my account being changed and details of my income and status being falsified, i was advised the overdraft was authorised and my account would be amended. I used the overdraft and two days later received yet another letter saying the overdraft was not authorised, i shouldn't have used it and i would need to pay it back in X amount of days. I complained and complained to head office but found i was getting no where. Because my money was still being paid into my account i had no access to it as it was paying off the overdraft, i got in arrears with my rent. I told barclays i would be closing my account and moving to another bank, i changed everything over to my new account and asked in branch for them to close my account. I had written a cheque for my rent payment £54.76, this left my account during this period and therefore took me overdrawn. I was still trying to resolve my complaint with barclays at this point and refused to put money in my account to cover said cheque. I heard nothing off them for a long time and they ignored my letters. My statements continued to come through the post and charges were added each month. Once they finally closed my account I started getting debt collection letters for the debt owed to barclays. Today i received a visit from a doorstep caller asking for the full payment of the debt, i believe its about £200 now although he would not say. I do not want to have to pay this entire debt, i will however pay back the £54.76. What can i do to have this sorted? They have also amended my credit file to show the debt owed, this is causing me no end of problems as they are the only people i have bad notes from on there.

bttt, can anyone help with this please??

"If you owe the bank 100 pounds, you're the one with the problem. But if you owe a million pounds, the bank's the one with the problem."

Lord John Maynard First Baron Keynes of Tilton.

"If you owe the bank $100, that's your problem; if you owe the bank $100 million, that's the bank's problem".

John Paul Getty

ok firstly dont worry about the DCA, ignore them.

i would be inclined to either S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) them [unless you have all the statements].

the go through the step by step instructions on this site & reclaim the charges. once this is started, write to the dca telling them the A/C is now in dispute. they should then refer it back to barclays.

that should then leave you with the outstanding £54.76 which you can either pay or ask barclays for their complaints procedure and tell them this story, in writing, including any letters from them concerning the matter.

thats my views anyhow.

maybe other will be along soon to add more

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...