11am Vs Natwest

11am
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Great site. Have received back my 6 yrs worth of statements today within the 40 day timeframe. Using your simple excel sheet I work out I have had £1,243 in charges in that time frame. I am lookingto send the prelim letter tomorrow but need some advice. Hope you can help:

On your simple spreadsheet it shows £342 interest in the interest 8%APR column.

In the prelim letter:

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £1243 plus £342 which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £1585. I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter.

Have I done this right?

Do I just print out your simple spreadsheet to attach to the letter including the days/interest columns?

Many Thanks for your help with this.

All the best

Liam

Access To Records Sent 01/06/07

Recieved statements in full 27/06/07

Sent Prelim 28/06/07

Hi Liam, welcome on board the nat west forum!

The 8% interest column shows the s69 interest that can only be awarded by the courts (if your claim gets to that stage). Hide this column for the time being unless you end up filing your claim at court.

Overdraft interest is completely different and more complex to calculate. Basically, if charges send you overdrawn (and you don't have an overdraft) you'll be charged 'interest' on this 'unauthorised borrowing' and you reclaim this figure. If you do have an overdraft, you need to work out what proportion of the interest has been applied to your account due to charges taking you over your overdraft. I'm sure somebody can give a better explanation than I can on this - but it's quite complex to work out (which is why I didn't bother!)

Hope that helps! ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thanks for ther quick reply hedgey. So do you think the paragraph on my prelim should read like this instead:

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £1243. I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter.

How does that read?

Thanks again.

Liam

Sent Prelim 28/06/07

Reads perfectly Liam!

Print it off and attach your schedule of charges giving them 14 days to respond. Send it to the Borehamwood address recorded delivery............. and don't forget to let us know how you get on!

Good luck, hedgey x ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

and remember to hide the 8% column on the spreadie!

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Reka [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/93120-reka-abbey-court.html[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/101308-t-cs-nov-1998-a.html[/URL] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]Abbey *WON IN COURT* £2775[/SIZE][SIZE=1](awaiting payment) [/SIZE][/FONT] [B][FONT=Tahoma]Warrant of Execution filed 22/06/07[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma]***Warrant Issued 22nd June 2007***[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=red]PAID IN FULL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcAaoRr8H5c[/URL]

Thanks and will do.

Letters printing now.

Let the games begin :rolleyes:

Sent Prelim 28/06/07

You'll enjoy it mate............... it's fun!!!!! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

It's a great feeling of "empowerment"...just wait till you win..:D and you WILL win! n-joi

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Reka [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/93120-reka-abbey-court.html[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/101308-t-cs-nov-1998-a.html[/URL] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]Abbey *WON IN COURT* £2775[/SIZE][SIZE=1](awaiting payment) [/SIZE][/FONT] [B][FONT=Tahoma]Warrant of Execution filed 22/06/07[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma]***Warrant Issued 22nd June 2007***[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=red]PAID IN FULL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcAaoRr8H5c[/URL]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again all,

Right 3 days before the 14 day deadline from letter 1, I recieved the Thank you for your letter, please wait 6-7 weeks for an answer letter.

I should go right ahead and send a letter before action right?

Do I wait till the inital 14 days have elapsed or go right ahead and do it now?

Thanks for all your help with this.

Liam

Sent Prelim 28/06/07

You should really wait the full 14 days you gave them in the prelim (it's unlikely, but they may make you an offer right at the last minute), then send the LBA.

Btw, just noticed that you (11am) posted at exactly 11am :)

Halifax - Credit Card: 14/11/06 sent S.A.R, 29/12/06 sent Prelim, 11/01/07 1st bog-off received, 15/01/07 LBA sent, 01/02/2007 MCOL started for £1801 (inc court costs and 8% int.), 02/02/2007 MCOL cancelled... , 09/06/2007 Court claim started, 01/06/2007 Claim Acknowledged, 07/06/2007 Claim concluded, £1540 to be reimbursed into CC account.

GE Capital Bank Ltd - Storecards (3): 11/06/07 sent S.A.R, 15/06/07 Acknowledgement of S.A.R received

GE Capital Bank Ltd - Wife's Storecards (2): not started yet...

Nationwide - Current A/C: not started yet...

Lloyds TSB Bank Ltd - Current A/C: not started yet...

Lloyds TSB Bank Ltd - Business A/C: not started yet...

and the rest I haven't remembered so far... : not started yet...

Thanks,

In the first line of the LBA letter, it states "since i have not recieved a response". any recommendations about what to change it to since I did receive a response, just not the one I was after?

Thanks again

Liam

Sent Prelim 28/06/07

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all again,

Right, the 14 days of the LBA letter runs out on wednesday this week. I was all set for going to the next stage, however i dont know what to make of the OFT announcement.

Should I just plough on anyway?

Thanks again

Liam

Sent Prelim 28/06/07

Hi Liam

Advie ATM is to carry on. Your claim might be stayed though. If it is, there is upcoming advice on what to do next.

BTW, don't use MCOL but use an N1 with the new PoC - NatWest version coming soon.

Thanks for the advice. I've seen on this site the help filling out the N1 form and it looks ok. What is a PoC? and should I wait for the natwest one you refer to?

Thanks

Liam

Sent Prelim 28/06/07

Ok,

A bit worried now with the OFT stuff.

My LBA expires tomorrow, I was thinking of calling NW at borehamwood and asking verbally for my money back and explain that today (tomorrow) is the cut off date before I take legal action.

Have any of you done this if so was it a good idea, or should I proceed straight to the N1 claim?

Thanks for all you help with this.

Liam

Sent Prelim 28/06/07

You can try but I predict a fob off (that would have happened before the OFT case- even more likely now). Current advice is to go ahead with your claim.

• Haha 1

hiya

Someone on this site told me that all complaints prior to 24th of July will be paid still. dont know if this is acurate

have you called them?? if so what number did you pone them on and can i have it

thansk

Ok,

Called Natwest on friday and asked for a refund. Usual OFT test case response and request declined. However, they did say my complaint was in the system and would be looked at after the OFT case has concluded.

I need some advice.

Do I wait for the test case descision and then carry on?

Or file at court pay the £120 fee?

Why concern is I pay the £120 and still have to wait for the outcome of the test case.

Hope you can see my dimlemma, please offer any advice you can.

Thanks

Liam

Sent Prelim 28/06/07

You'll enjoy it mate............... it's fun!!!!! ;)

Hi Hedgey06 Just been catching up! In 1 of ur recent posts u gave email details for Joyce some1 or other. Have been refused point blank in response to SAR ne a/c info! Have drafted let but would I b able to email it 2 her, do u think? It is such a pain trying 2 get to the Post Office during the day as am @work from 8.30am til well past 6 in any event. Dont even ask about lunch hour!!!! Appreciate advice in all your posts. Tx

Do I wait for the test case descision and then carry on? Or file at court pay the £120 fee?

Hi Liam,

I'd advise you to file N1 at your local county court now to be honest. Regardless of the 'test case' - courts are dealing with bank charge cases as they see fit. Some are placing stays on claims - but some aren't. And if a stay is placed on your claim at some point, we have letters requesting these to be lifted in CAG's templates library.

If you're still worried though - have a read of the links attached to my signature, especially the 'don't panic' link!

Best of luck ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Thanks for the advice so far, need some help again.

Sent off the LBA in august 2007, and they sent me the "we are waiting till the test case has been resolved letter".

Since been away on holiday and back to it now.

Is the concencus to still proceed to court or wait?

Thanks all.

Liam

Sent Prelim 28/06/07