Llyods TSB's bank charge recovery response

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, just received letter back from Lloyds TSB after sending them amount that I had calculated from the statements they sent. They say they cant pay me the charges(£230) because the charges and fair ect ect. Also they say that the OFT published new guidelines on credit card default charges, even though i've never defaulted on my card. Am I being brushed aside? What do i do now? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I have recently recovered £1600 from Lloyds TSB - I did end up taking them to Court. However, I started the process last October and the first response I received from them sounds very much like the one you received. I have today lodged a Summons for a further £1400 in charges owed to me. When I receive this I will then demand the interest on the two amounts. It can be done.

I will respond to your question is full - however, I need to be in a meeting now - so I will get back to you tomorrow lunch time. If anyone else can add anything in the meantime please help.

I presume you've requested and got all your bank statements? As you know at the end of the statement are a list of monthly charges that will be deducted from your account the following month. You have to trawl through these - put them in date order and then it's really easy go to the calculator on this site, put in the charges, the interest will be automatically calculated on the template. They take these along to your local small claims court - get all the necessary documentation, complete it, pay your registration fee and Bob's your uncle! Go for it - I was absolutely possitive I wouldn't get anywhere - I at least thought they would argue the toss! However, never heard a thing until I checked my account one morning and the money had been deposited. Good Luck!!!!

Hi, Teamelvis.

You will get all the answers you need if you start your own thread in the Lloyds TSB Forum, people dealing with them will help you out. Also have a look at the Lloyds TSB sub-forum Successes, that will boost your confidence.

Best wishes with your claim.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert