SLC question

MDTyKe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey,

I'm about to start the 3rd year of a 4 year course. I have a few questions

1 - For my application this year, it requested me to state if I'd be doing a placement, where and how much (couldn't leave it blank). I said I wasn't, because I'm not doing a placement until January, and I am wholly unaware of all the details (not chosen yet, nor do I know how much, if anything I'd get)

2 - Payment is obviously due to begin on the September that I finish college. However, I plan to be self-employed, and take a year out to go and do some missionary work after college -- in which case I'll not be working for a year. I understand the money has to be paid back after I earn a certain amount (I think 19k for Ireland as it's higher on the pay scale). Will I encounter problems by not beginning to pay it back for a year etc?

I'm obviously on the 'new' system, but even with payments i'm not sure if I'll get it paid off before I'm 65... and with the interest rate due to rise (it's rising by about 20 pounds a month at th emoment I think) it's beginning to get me a tad worried!!

Thanks

Matt

Hi

Stop thinking about as debt, is my answer more it’s more like a graduate tax. The new scheme is far better and is automatically linked to your pay. If you don’t pay it back by 50 birthdays it gets written off!