Parking ticket - wrong color (N.Ireland?)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey,

Just wondering how the law works in N.I and how to get out of this. They have stated the car is 'Blue' when its specifically Grey (its nowhere near blue) - and is registered grey with the DVLA(NI).

Haven't got time to check other things, like Date of Issue wording etc, but does all this apply to NI? I seen other wording in relation to the 'Road Traffic Act 1991' but it seems to be full of sections about Parking in London.

Clearly I'm not London :)

For reference, here is our law: The Traffic Management (Northern Ireland) Order 2005

Advice appreciated.

Matt

In general, whether or not the chimp writing the ticket gets the colour of the car correct doesn't matter. However, without more detail it's impossible to know whether there's any other way around it.

Perhaps when you have time you'll give more details, or a scan of the ticket.

Please see:

In according to the NI act of course :)

note: color of vehicle (its clearly gray, nowhere near blue at all) incorrect. no signature?

Matt

Colour is purely subjective and cannot be used as a defence to cancel the ticket.

The ticket does not even have to be signed.

There are loads of threads here regarding parking tickets and, unless it's a private ticket (or invoice), then you're going have to cough up.

Looking at the ticker, it has date of contrevention, data of issue. It mentions the specfic act that the ticket is issued on (presumably the NI version of the RTA 1991).

I know that on Pepipoo there is a line of thinking that "you are required to pay" invalidates the PCN. Best to post there IMO: forums.pepipoo.com

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.