Starting to feel a bit wobbly.....

dizzy delilah
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

...and I've only sent LBA letters out so far. I've now read so much, I've actually managed to confuse myself and now I'm beginning to lose my bottle. Can anyone just put me straight on a couple of points please?

Firstly, what is the actual difference between filing an N1 and using MCOL? Do MCOL charge you a percentage of the fee that you may/may not win or is it perhaps that its easier for claims up to / or over a certain amount?

If I use the N1 route, do I actually have to physically hand the paperwork in at the court, or can I send it by Recorded Delivery? Its just that my nearest County Court is Ashford - about 25 miles from where I live and I don't drive.

Please don't think I'm being lazy and can't be bothered to look the answers up for myself - I've spent most of the day reading threads, sticky's and FAQ's etc - but I think I've managed to 'do my own head in'!

Thanks, Dizzy :)

MCOL is just a web "front end" to the court process. When you fill in your PoC on MCOL you are actually filling in a virtual N1 that results in a claim being issued at Northampton County Court.

You can manually fill in an N1 that you picked up at your local CC or one you d/l from the net, then handed in at your local CC.

MCOL does not charge a commission as technically it is just a virtual counter at the reception of Northampton CC.

Some people would say (me included) that physically handing in the N1 is preferable for many reasons including no space limitations on the PoC, you can hand in additional documents at the time and you can garner advice from the court staff when you hand the form over.