Zooney vs HSBC

zooney
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have trawled through many hundreds of threads in an effort to find an answer to the following question for myself but failed, any advice would be gratefully received.

Here goes...I have received six years worth of statements from HSBC in response to my SAR (which requested everything from the inception of the account - 1987), I am now putting together my claim letter and schedule of charges. My question is, for the years 1987 to 2001, is it reasonable for me to estimate what illegal charges would have been debited from my account for this period and claim that amount, in addition to the amount for which I have evidence (2001 to 2007)? I know that the account (held jointly with my wife) has had charges imposed throughout the period in question - heavier charges than those for 2001 to 2007 due to our 'more challenging' financial situation thru this period - but cannot prove it without the statements which HSBC have not/will not provide. Does a claim for an estimated 1987 to 2001 amount (13 x provable average annual charge 2001 - 07) have any legs? What do you reckon?

Thanks in anticipation.

Zooney

zooney - no answers doesn't mean we aren't reading and willing - it often means we just don't know. so, this will bump you and maybe someone will see it who can give you an answer. if not - tomorrow morning just write bump. eventually, someone will help. good luck.

The advice I have seen given on estimated charges is basically don't claim it unless you can prove it. Hsbc don't have to keep records beyond 6 years. Adn even if they do they will never admitt it.

I will flag your question up to a moderator and you may get some better advice soon.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Freakyleaky (what a name! :razz:) is correct.

You are bringing the action, you have to make your case. All the defence has to say is a) we do not keep records beyond x date, therefore b) we can't say whether charges were added before that or not, c) we put claimant to strict proof of charges.

Since you can't prove said charges, judge will throw out. Game, set and match to the bank.

Sorry, I know it's not what you want to hear, but it would be unfair to tell you otherwise and let you proceed in this manner. :-(

Sorry to be a pain but I have a couple more questions...

Just got a statement from HSBC for May to June 2007 in which they have notified me that they will deduct an 'Arrangement Fee' of £25 plus Debit interest of £19.88 on 16 July 2007. My agreed overdraft was exceeded by £200 for three days late in June. My question is, should I/can I add this charge to the schedule I have prepared? (I was about to post my prepared schedule with my Preliminary Letter this morning until I received notice of this further charge)

Questions...

My current schedule covers the period May 2001 to May 2007 - if I add this latest charge to it my claim period will exceed 6 years by a couple of months, does this matter?

And, 'technically', they haven't yet debited my account with the latest charge, just advised me that they will be, does this matter?

Thankyou.

Zooney

You can add charges up to the date of the claim byt as you say it has not been debited from your account yet so it won't count until it has. I would ring hen up and ask them to refund it or you will add it to the claim you are due to make through the courts.

You can add charges up to the date of the claim byt as you say it has not been debited from your account yet so it won't count until it has. I would ring hen up and ask them to refund it or you will add it to the claim you are due to make through the courts.

Who's Hen, does she work for DG or HSBC, gimme her number see if shes sent my money. Oh did i tell anybody

I Won LOL

:) :) :) :) :p :p

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

freaky are all welsh people as funny as you?

Leaky ! funny ?

ok i'll hang around see if he starts being funny, This i gotta see :p

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Hi everyone,

Had a horrible day but just read this thread and thank you all so much for the laugh

'cluck off' lol

Just about fell off my chair laughing.......

jb:D

Hm Guess i was wrong, freaky you must be a funny guy :confused: LOL

:D :D :D

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

• 1 month later...

I sent HSBC my Letter Before Action three weeks ago (having previously completed all the other steps) but have not heard a peep from them. In actual fact, they have not responded in any way to any of my letters!

In view of all the stuff in the media recently about claims being put on ice, what should I be doing now?

Thanks.

Zooney