Billybonkeye v Abbey (something different has happened!)

billybonkeye
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Thought i would start my own thread.

Story so far.... Claiming £719 charges (plus £80 court fees). Followed the usual routes, not had any 'gesture of goodwill' or partial offer at any point.

Now I have a court date at Uxbridge County Court on 03rd September. After reading what other people are doing recently, i decided to email Louise Jacobs and see if they wanted to settle prior to court date. Offered to settle for £750, (politely pointed out that i was basically ignoring the fact i could claim for interest, court bundle prep, day off work), in the hope they would be agreeable.

Set my email to 2 "Send read receipt" etc, and guess what? it hasn't been opened or read by Louise or anyone at Abbey, but by a [email protected] ??

Now who is that?? Is 'Ashurst' a company they are using to process claims??

Anyone had this happen to them?

Cheers all

BB

I think you will find that Ashurst are their solicitors.

My settlement cheque of Abbey came from them

Hope this Helps, Paul

"Wisdom Begins In Wonder"

My advice is based on my personal experience and should be taken as such.

If I have helped you, Please click the Scales

Abbey WON - MNBA WON - BARCLAYS WON - HBoS(1) WON - BT WON

HBoS(2) LBA Stage - HBoS(2) Prep

hey billybonkeye

I sent my email to abbey this afternoon.. then read yours and decided to re-send with a 'read receipt' and the only one to come back so far was from clare fletcher' - bless this poor woman.. seems like she is having a busy day!

Look forward to hearing what they have to say!

Marmite (Love her or hate her) girl

Think they must just read the subject line and pass it straight on to the solicitors. I put "Bank charges - Offer to settle?"

The Ashurst website doesnt have a Clare Fletcher listed, they must be drafting in extra help!

BB

Ive had this email reply from Clare Fletcher at Ashurst, sent at 7.30pm last night!

Dear Mr .........

Thank you for your email. I or one of my colleagues will be in touch in the near future once we have had an opportunity to consider your claim.

Kind regards

Clare Fletcher

Hopefully that might mean they are not completely dismissing my offer to settle.

BB

Billy

I have yet to start my bundle yet.. going to wait and see if I get any response from my email (which I know has been received by Inga & Clare) then decide what to do.

Court date set for 10th August. How about you? What stage are you at?

MG

Then we at the same stage, though my court date 03rd September so i have until about the middle of August to get everything together. Ive printed off stuff from here to go through, but i not really read it yet. Gonne wait til the wkend and sit down with a glass or five of vino and see what sense i can make of it. Shame N Wales too far to have a look through in the pub. Tho i was in Betws-y-coed last winter!

I opened my account when i was about 17 (which was about.....15 years ago) so not sure how im gonna get hold of the Terms and Conditions from then.

BB

Excellent.. I have til the 27th July to get it all together - will wait until the end of this week and if I have had no joy, I will start my love affair with the photocopier!! Not relishing the thought, but its just another step in the dance.

Hi all

Still no offer to settle after i emailed louise jacobs (who forwarded on to Clare Fletcher). Had acknowledgment of my email from Clare, but nothing else. Preparing court bundle this week, court date Sep 03rd.

Two questions i have after reading some more threads,

• are people doing this thing where they are sending a "Draft Order for Direction" straight to the court? I dont really understand this.
  • and are people writing directly to the bank solicitors offering to settle prior to going to court (for a slightly reduced amount) ??

other than that im fairly clear what im doing (he says hopefully!!)

Best wishes to all

BB

Hi BB

I too have had no response from my email to shAbbey (other than a read receipt) - I think they probably just have so many, dozens must just slip through the net!

I re-sent it again this morning.. just for good measure - and it was acknowledged. Going to leave it til the end of the week, then start my bundle.

I sent a draft order for direction to the court, but it was ignored.. and as yet I havent written to shAbbey (other than the email) to see about settling.. as I dont want to appear too desperate!

Where are you getting all your court bundle guidance from.. I 'think' im fairly clued up.. but all info helps!

I too.. had no AQ to send in as my court had dispensed with it.

All a very long drawn out waiting game.. which I hope is coming to an end.. soon - ish!

Best wishes - Marmite x

Hey M :)

Basically gonna get info from this site, cant cope with too many sources of info. Seems like more than enough stuff on here anyway. I will only complicate myself if i have too much paperwork.

Seems like the most likely outcome is that Abbey will settle, but not in enough time for funds to clear in your account, thereby forcing you to go to court. Im pretty well decided that i will end up in court, im sorta unlucky like that! Bit gutted that they cant just reply and agree to my 800 quid, esp as so many people are claiming thousands! I thought they would happily settle up for me.

Think i will send this nudge letter ive seen templates for, straight to the solicitors, if i dont hear anything this week.

I dont have a printer for my laptop, gonna have to hope my work doesnt notice all this stuff im printing!

BB (ok its Andrew really)

Hi all,

In what format are people putting the penalty charge data into their court bundle?

Copy of all statements for last 6 years

Copy of all statements with charges on or

Spreadsheet with list of charges?

Ive had a look round, but i cant see anyone specifically being clear about this.

Cheers

BB

• 4 weeks later...

...... continued......

Im claiming for about 600quid in charges and about 200quid in interest payments (eg for being in unauthorised overdraft). On the charges spreadsheet (that i want to put in my bundle) that everyone uses, it has a column for the accrued interest (8%), so in my court bundle paperwork what interest charges am i putting on the spreadsheet?

Does that make sense?!

KR to all

Billy