Micheboo v Capital 1

Micheboo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I sent Cap 1 a prelim letter on the 8th June '07 they replied with goodwill fob off letter on the 13th June '07. I then sent them the LBA yesterday, and today I recieved a letter about credit balance that I haven't mentioned.:confused:

It also goes on to say I will recieve a cheque within 14 to 21 working days.

I'm confused can anyone help please.

Hi all, the amount I'm claiming is £504 and interest will be £163.86, but there is no mention of this in the letter I recieved yesterday, it only talks about credit balance. This why I'm confused.

Just wondering if they have paid back the difference to you. They try and offer £8 per charge as a refund, and keep £12 which is their current charge. Does that work out on your balance?

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, sorry I have taken so long to reply Uk I've been very busy lately. Yeah I worked out your question and they are refunding £8 from the 26 charges they applied to my account. But in their reply to my LBA they say that the Financial regulations require them to advise me that a refund of £2008 is their final response in relation to this matter. My claim is for £504, interest £163.86.

I know this is a silly question but do I accept the mistake that they have made, cos £2008 sounds better than £504. Can someone please advise me on this one.

Hi Micheboo

I would point out that mistake to them. They will find out eventually.

As long as your charges and interest add up to the amount your claiming, then ask for that. Accepting anything else would be theft.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers