Only_one_T Vs Barclays

only_one_T

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello. This is the first time i've posted.

I've followed all the steps as per the FAQ's on the site. After my second letter asking for £4500 accross the two accounts I hold with Barclays they have been playing hardball!

I've had things bounced when going over my overdraft limit by tiny amounts, and been left high and dry as to any help from Barclays, luckily it was Bonus time at work so i've been able to keep my head above water without getting into any financial trouble... But this has spured me on! i feel really angry about this now :mad: if the charges arn't unlawful why have they stopped me going over my overdraft limit and therefore being able to charge them to my account?

Although I was charged £35 for a DD bounce since i sent the second letter - which i've never had before. Has anyone else come across these tactics?

I've now moved onto the MCOL for the first of my two accounts and plan to do the second in the next couple of days...

I'm part excited, part nervous as to what might happen

Hi, as long as you follow the guidelines there is no reason why your claim will be any different from the hundreds already in progress.

We could almost write a timtetable from start to finish.

Any questions/ concerns let us know and we will sort it.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

hi and welcome only one T, as Dar£n says follow the guidelines on here and if you have any problems post on here, someone will always help

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

Welcome aboard O1T!

Patience is a virtue especially once it starts earning 8%

:D

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

• 1 month later...

Can someone help me with dates please. I have two Moneyclaim online proceedings going on.

The first one Barclays have entered a defence on. The second has been aknowledged but we're getting close to the deadline as to when a defence has to be issued, i'm just after clarification when i can enter a judgement by default.

The claim was issued on the 27th June, i believe it's 5 days for the Bank to recieve the claim (is that then the 2nd July or the 1st July). They Aknowledged the claim on the 6th. Am i able to enter a Judgement by default on the 29th or the 30th July? Can I do it on the 28th day or do i have to wait untill 28 days are up I.E on the 29th day? Any advice greatfully recieved.

They have untill midnight on the 28th day to file the defence on mcol :)

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

I've recieved today a notice of the transfer of proceedings, anong with a latter saying there is no need for an AQ and copy of the Banks defence.

It looks fairly standard defence however there first point is

1)The POC do not provide details or particulars of the account in question...etc

I filed the claim on MCOL then forwarded on the account details to go with the claim number to Northampton as per the instructions here this suggests that it was not recieved. Should i send a copy to the Barclays litigation team now or just sit tight and await courts instructions?

Send a copy to the lit team and the court with a covering letter

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Annoyingly I have recieved an AQ from my Local court after MCOL Judge said it wasn't necessary unless Local court thought otherwise...

I'm going to try and scrape together the money for the AQ... Ebay here i come!

Can someone please help me?!

I've had a look at advice for filling out an AQ, the suggestion is that i supply a draft of directions for the court along with the AQ.

It does suggest that within 14 days i'll supply the following -

• a) A schedule setting out each charge repayment of which is sought, showing the date, amount, and reason given (if any) for that charge being made;

No Problem i have these to hand

• b) Copies of any statement or other document relied upon as showing that each and every charge has been made;

Again easy, no problems.

• c) A statement of evidence of all matters relied upon as tending to show that the charges are irrecoverable as penalties or otherwise;

Er... I'm not even sure what this is! Is it a statement of me questioning the Barclays T&C's? Mentioning the BBC program and the fact that i've asked for a breakdown of all charges but yet to recieve anything? Do i need to outline how long everything has been going on for? Can anyone please advise on what the statement should contain?

• d) Copies of decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon.

Can I get these from anywhere on here? Is there a list of people who have 'won' that i can use. Can i mention Barclays settling before court date in almost all cases, and that it is likely to be the case here?

• c) A statement of evidence of all matters relied upon as tending to show that the charges are irrecoverable as penalties or otherwise;

Er... I'm not even sure what this is! Is it a statement of me questioning the Barclays T&C's? Mentioning the BBC program and the fact that i've asked for a breakdown of all charges but yet to recieve anything? Do i need to outline how long everything has been going on for? Can anyone please advise on what the statement should contain?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/36692-peter-rabbit-barclays-success-2.html#post492578 have a look at this and amend to suit :)

• d) Copies of decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon.

Can I get these from anywhere on here? Is there a list of people who have 'won' that i can use. Can i mention Barclays settling before court date in almost all cases, and that it is likely to be the case here?

this is your court bundle :) good walk through found here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/97447-court-bundles-dummies.html?highlight=court+bundle+for+dummies

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

I've just got what looks like a standard letter through from Barclays saying they will apply for a stay as due to the OFT case. Shall i just reply saying thank you for your advice but it's the judges decision not yours or just ignore it and continue with my claim?

Ignore it and continue :)

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

• 2 weeks later...