• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

ROBJARV vs LLOYDSTSB **WON**

ROBJARV
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello one and all..

I've actually been following the directions laid out on moneysavingexpert.com before coming across this site.

My claim is at the stage where I have sent two letters to the bank (given sufficent response time) and recently I filed my claim using MCOL.

My story so far:

- Checked back through my statements for charges in the last six years. (I still have them!). I then used the calculator on moneysavingexpert.com to work out the total including interest.

- 22nd May 2006 - Letter to Lloyds TSB asking for my money!

- 30th May 2006 - Standard letter from Lloyds saying No!

- 06th June 2006 - Letter to Lloyds informing them I'll start court proceedings in 14 days

- 21st June 2006 - Following no response - filed claim using Money Claim online - particulars of claim below:

1. Between 28/09/01 and 02/01/07 the Defendant debited numerous charges from the Claimant’s account.

2. The charges are an unfair penalty under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, because they are a disproportionately high sum in compensation compared to the cost of the purported breach.

3. Under the law of penalties, the charges are an unlawful ‘extravagant’ penalty.

4. Under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984, the claimant is entitled to interest of 8% per annum from the date they were deprived of the money. This totals £356.79 accruing at the daily rate of 0.021% until judgment or payment.

5. The Claimant asks the court to enter judgment in their favour for £1421 plus interest, totaling £1777.79.

---------------Updates to original post-----------------------------Updates to original post---------------

- 22nd June 2007 - Claim issued

- 27th June 2007 - Claim deemed served

- 02nd July 2007 - Schedule sent to MCOL - MCOL shows claim also acknowledged

- 05th July 2007 - Received Notice that Acknowledgement of Service has been filed

- 06th July 2007 - I THINK I'VE WON...... SEE PAGE 2...!!!!

- 07th July 2007 - Unconditional acceptance letter sent.

---------------Updates to original post-----------------------------Updates to original post---------------

I've now been scouring the pages here and see that there may be a problem with vague claims.

Now I'm doubting what I have done as there is so much info here to sift through and I'm completely confused!

Could anyone "in the know" give me some advice or encouragement please?

Do I need to make adjustments to my claim???

Should I send the schedule of the charges I'm claiming to the court at this stage?

HELP!!!

Thanks in advance.

RJ

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I've done exactly the same as you following the money saving website. Yes, i believe you should send 2 copies of the shedule of charges and interest to the court. I've only just done mine. Somebody with more knowledge than me will give you good advice shortly.

Good Luck;)

Thanks for the quick replies! I'll get the schedules sent off with account details, when I opened the account with TSB and my claim number etc. tonight.

Do I need to send copies of the letters aswell or does that all get done later on if it goes to court?

i suppose you could wait for Lloyds defence before you change your poc if you get the standard 9 point defence then you may not need to change your poc if you do change it use the templete of this website it would cost you £35 which you cannot claim back

Can someone confirm for me... From the date that I issue my claim, how many days do I have to allow for it to be served?

I remember it as 5 days to be served and then 14 days from that day is a win by default if no defence is presented????

Is that right?...

Hi

Yes about 5 days for it to be served. Then 14 days for them to acknowledge and then 28 days from the date it was served for them to enter a defence. But I would give them a few extra days after the deadline. And when you have given them extra time, have a read of this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=13

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

My god I wish I found this site before I actually started my claim!

As I had my statements for the last six years I didn't send of a Subject Access Request. I'm now starting to think, (since seeing the template letter on here), that I should send it anyway and get the information.

I reckon I'm going to have to adjust my claim anyway so could start a fresh with all the correct/confirmed info. Is this a good idea ??

Also, can you request the history of T&C's by using an SAR?

Reading is usually a very good court, one very robust judge there, I had an abuse strike out of the defence the other day and it is far from the only one:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/58470-guidot-abbey-abuse-strike.html

5 days deemed date of service from date of issue, 14 days to acknowledge and 28 days to file full defence. The date of issue is as stated on the sealed claim form that is returned by the court.

A win by default is not what you want really, it creates more problems, it is better they file a defence, in any event the courts will give latitude by a few weeks on dates anyway, so there is little point in counting down the days.

Did not refresh my browser, this is responding to posts 11 and 12.

• Haha 1

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

My god I wish I found this site before I actually started my claim!

As I had my statements for the last six years I didn't send of a Subject Access Request. I'm now starting to think, (since seeing the template letter on here), that I should send it anyway and get the information.

I reckon I'm going to have to adjust my claim anyway so could start a fresh with all the correct/confirmed info. Is this a good idea ??

Also, can you request the history of T&C's by using an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)?

No need for SAR if you have your statements.

Why do you need to adjust your claim, if your particulars are inadequate you should amend? If you amend your claim it will cost you £35 non refundable and delay matters.

No sure on your T&C point. By the time you get around to preparing your bundle (if you do at all) the appropriate T&Cs should be on available on this site.

I'm thinking of amending the claim because when I started doing all this, I was using the templates on moneysavingexpert.com.

Now, after reading all the details on this site I see that the process is a lot more in depth and that the templtes on MSE don't really cover everything outlined here.

Also, I've just finished editing the schedule that i'll be sending to the court.

I orginally used the calculator spreadhseet on MSE, so I've added to it, all the relevant information that is covered in the template in the CAG library..... only this now means that it is different, (in layout, and content), to the original version I sent to the bank with the first two letters.

Does it matter that I send a slightly different schedule to the courts? Ultimately the figures are the same, only now it has all my acccount details and "in respect of" information on it. Will it matter?

As time has moved on from when I first did the schedule, obviously the interest has gone up due to the amount of time passed.

Should I send the schedule with the interest total as it was when I filed my claim?

Or should I send the schedule using use the higher interest figure as it is now?

Or shall I leave the interest as it is and wait until I win;), and ask for the extra interest up to that day in court?

You do not update the interest on the schedule, it should tie in with the sum per your filed claim.

Your claim form should contain a daily rate for interest that will take care of the interest that has accrued since filing.

Yep, daily rate of 0.021%. Pheeww!

Thanks GuidoT,

As my account details were not in my particulars of claim, (MSE template didn't include it), I have added them to the top of the schedule I am sending the court. Will this cover it?

Should I send a copy of the revised schedule with bank details to Lloyds or will this be done by the court?

I'm just worried about the "claim to vague" thing.

(p.s.I've also pm'd this question to you just in case you don't came back to this thread.)

In case you are not aware and as you filed using MCOL send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. and a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed as below:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim On Line

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours faithfully

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement (not the Notice of Issue) from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

Your faithfully

Dear Sir

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

Yours faithfully

Thanks once again GuidoT! It's not surprising you are a site helper!

I had that letter ready, but i didn't know to send two copies. Why is that?

I don't know which solicitors are dealing with this for Lloyds yet so will wait to hear from them before I send the schedule.

So.. the day I send my schedule to the courts is also the day that my claim is acknowledged by Lloyds.

Here we go......!

I guess I can do nothing more now until the defence arrives!

Today I received a Notice that Acknowledgement of Service has been filed. SC&M intend to defend in full.

Is it now that I should send my schedule to SC&M or do I wait till I get an aknowledgement form the courts to say they have received their copies?