Can they do this??

karen69

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Let me begin at the beginning.

A few years ago we got into some financial difficulties and our Capital One card was passed to Bryan Carter Solicitors for collection. Two years ago we had some money and offered £3750 against an outstanding balance of £5800. This was accepted and I have a letter to confirm this was in full and final settlement of the account.

I have recently been successful in claiming £413 from Capital One for charges applied to my account. However, they have now written to me telling me that they have paid this money back into my account as there is still an outstanding balance.

Being as this account was settled as above, and I have the letter of confirmation in respect of this, are they allowed to do this or are they trying to pull a fast one.

I would like to know where I stand before I phone them for an argument.

Many thanks,

i'd say their trying it on, write to them saying all this and tell them if you don't recieve a cheque for the full amount within 7 days you will proceed to court, have you wrote to the court yet about settlement being reached?????

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

PLEASE SEE MY POST RE BRYAN CARTER......I THINK HE WILL HAVE HAD YOUR MONEY AND GETTING IT BACK WILL BE LIKE GETTING *h** FROM A ROCKING HORSE!!!

LEGALLY IT IS YOUR MONEY AND MUST BE SENT TO YOU, NO-ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO 'ASSUME THE RIGHTS OF THE OWNER' OVER YOUR PROPERTY (WHICH INCLUDES MONEY)! IT IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE FOR THEM TO SEND YOUR MONEY TO SOMEONE ELSE WHEN THERE IS CLEARLY AN INTENTION (ON THEIR PART) TO 'DEPRIVE YOU PERMANENTLY OF IT'. (THEFT ACT 1968 AS AMENDED).

KEEP ON AT THEM AND NEVER GIVE UP.......

BEST WISHES AS EVER TO ALL IN THE BATTLE......:)

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!