Fixed penalty notice

bluecityboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

some advice please. I have just recieved through the post a fixed penalty notice letter from my local council. The letter is addressed to my wife. They state that an officer authorised by the local council observed litter being thrown from the car window by a male person unknown. I imagine this may have happened and the only thing I can think this may have been is a cigarette end (dirty habit..I know!) They state that the offender is required to provide his name and address otherwise the fine could be £1000. I don't even think I was driving in the area they mention at the time they state though. Do they need evidence to prove this or is it just their word against mine. Also the letter has been sent to the registered keeper and not an unspecified male who was driving

any ideas?

cheers

Bluecityboy

i always thought we were innocent UNTIL PROVEN guilty in this country, i'd ask them to provide you with ALL the evidence they have in relation to this ALLEDGED offence, as you've absolutley no recollection of being in the area at the time this incident is alledged to have occurred, i'd also say where you think you were at that time, and state that you dispute this penalty until they provide this info.

this is what I'D do, and i may be wrong [probably], so you'll have to decide, unless someone more knowledgeble comes along.:o

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

Bluecityboy - they do make mistakes - You should ask for all their evidence etc. Make sure it was your car.

I received a speeding penalty from Lancashire Constabulary stating they had photographic evidence. It arrived on Dec 24th so I had to wait until 4th Jan before I could phone to discuss it. I knew that I had not been in Lancashire for over 5 years and I knew exactly where I was on the day and time stated on the notice.

Here's their excuse.

"Enquiries have been made and it has been established that an error in transcription occurred during the processing of the notice.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused and would ask you to ignore the fixed penalty."

Someone read the reg.number incorrectly from the film I guess.

Spoiled my Christmas though.:mad:

• Haha 1

Why are members of this site so rude and sarcastic? :mad:

(This is not the first snide post I have read here.)

I got here via another thread re: bank charges and the OP needed advice.

I intended to make a donation to help the site but have decided that I am going back to MSE where members are more tolerant and FRIENDLY!:-o