Jump to content

Johnsonwhufc vs Wescot Credit Services Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Right, apologies if this covers ground most of you have seen hundreds of times but I just want to clarify if I am proceeding on the right lines with this case.


My girlfriend got into trouble with HSBC some time ago over a managed account/loan/overdraft.


HSBC subsequently sold the debt to FV-1, some hooky little company set up by someone who works for HSBC on the same day that the debt was registered with them (hmmm!).


We tried to contact FV-1 to clarify it is them we should be dealing with but they did not return our voicemail.


Today, Wescot have sent a letter saying they have the debt and we have until 6 July to pay up (approx. £4k).


The girlfriend phoned them and questionned why FV-1 hadn't not been in touch, to be told by the bloke at Wescot that the code FV-1 meant it was because the debt was not in relation to a credit card - a likely story.


The bloke pushed for payment, to which my girlfriend replied that they should only deal with me and that she gave authority on the phone for them to do so (I was at work).


So, I am sending them a CCA request today by registered delivery to see if they can actually persue this debt.


Is this the correct step, alternatively should I be sending a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)?


Also, would Wescot be regulated by the FSA? Meaning all calls should be recorded and a note given confirming this? This didn't happen when she phoned so I don't know if the call was recorded? Can I pull them up on this also?


Thanks for any assistance offered...

Link to post
Share on other sites

From what you've sadi you are on the right route already.

CCA Wescot and go from there.

Maybe worth a SAR to HSBC and see what charges have been added to this account and start the reclaim process.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Ben.


What happens if Wescot can't provided the relevant CCA material?


Is this the end of the matter or should I S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) HSBC for further details to kill it off completely?


Oh yeah, I have also asked for them to communicate entirely via post - can I add any extra wording to hold off the 6th July deadline?

Link to post
Share on other sites

If they don't comply with the CCA they cannot enforce the debt.


I'd still SAR HSBC and get back ALL the related charges, after all if you have to pay it's better to pay the correct amount rather than their inflated charges as well.


Ignore Wescot's "deadline" as it's meaningless and your CCA request puts the account into dispute.

While in dispute they cannot try and get payment for the account.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens if Wescot can't provided the relevant CCA material?


Then they're stuffed. The debt will be unenforceable.


By sending the CCA request you are placing the account in dispute. They can not lawfully pursue a disputed debt so they can kiss goodbye to their deadline for payment.






Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...