hope vs barclays

hope0715
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have been viewing this great site for sometime

here is my case to date

DPA letter sent 25th April 2006, had phone call within a couple of days to say statements were at my local branch for collection. No charge.

Preliminary Approach letter sent for £500.00 18th May 2006

Recieved letter back from Mike Brophy saying that they would look at complaint and would get back to me by 16th June. No call recieved to date so

LBA letter sent 13th June

The account was closed in 2004 so i dont have to worry about them closing it.

Just a quick update:

I have recieved a letter back from Barclays today, it appears to be a standard letter that other members of the Barclays Bank Action Group have recieved, however they have stated in mine ' In light of the above I am unable to agree to a refund of any of the £480.00 charged to the above account from 2000 until the account was closed in 2005.

Which is all very well but i am claiming back £500.00 (obviously a bank which can't add up either!)

They have also stated that if they do not hear from me within 8 weeks they will consider the complaint resolved.

Do i still wait the 14 days as i stated in my LBA or do i now go straight ahead as i have now recieved a reply ?

Just a quick update:

' In light of the above I am unable to agree to a refund of any of the £480.00 charged to the above account from 2000 until the account was closed in 2005.

What was the statement above?

Hek:p

That was the last paragraph in their standard letter. I have noticed from other users that this is where Barclays have normally offered some sort of payment, but in my case they are not offering a penny and have even reduced my claim by 20.00. i have added it up again and my claim is £500.00! not the 480.00 as they have stated. i hope this makes it clearer!

I'm very new and inexperienced, maybe a mod could offer more advice.

In some other threads I have read they have promised a reply by xxxx date (usually after the 14 days we've set) and it has been recommended to wait to show the court you have given them ample time for response, but in your case this seems to be the final response from them.

I would suggest you now file your claim.

May be best to wait for confirmation from a mod though!!

Hek:p

I am also no authority on this matter, but, i believe that if they have not given indication that they are going to respond further to that letter then i would suggest you follow this up with the next stage I.E LBA. As you only requested that they respond in your previous letter they have fulfilled their current obligations.

Hope this helps.

*** After re-reading your post, i see you have actually sent the LBA, in which case yes you should probably begin to file your claim as they have obviously dismissed your initial claim. ***

I have now worked out charges plus the 8 per cent. i am about to submit my claim via moneyclaim but i have noticed in the statement you have to give the date the account was opened. I telephoned barclays yesterday but they have told me as it was longer than 6 years ago when i opened it (i think it was in 1989) they state they are unable to give me the date i opened the account. Can I either miss that bit out or estimate the date?

Good luck.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

I have received An Acknowledgemet of service from the court regarding Barclays today

signed by Keith Jeremiah dated 28th June 2006 They intend to defend all of the claim

• 2 months later...

Just a quick question, I sent my allocation questionnaire back to my local court on 7th august. was not due till the 16th august but so far have not heard anything about a court date yet

does anyone know how long it takes for the court to write back with a court date?

I sent mine on 2nd August and am still waiting. I did ring the Court and now think I may get an answer in the next few days.

Something tells me that the Courts may just be having a few extra cases to deal with so will take abit longer to reply. It is also possible that they are trying to bunch together Bank claims into one day of hearings.

Spotty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06

• 5 weeks later...

Final stretch in sight now!

Keep going - nearly there.

Victimnomore

By day, quiet unassuming bank customer - but, by night, .. .. .. .. ..

Barclays Case1

14/03/07 **WON** FULL settlement £3358.39

Barclays Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £187.91 back.

Halifax Case1

14/03/07 **WON** Refunded £728 (including £54 costs)

Halifax Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £268.24 back.