Very low pressure water company will not help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Idiots.

Our water pressure has dropped so low its not triggering the boiler for hot water so we are not getting any hot water at all. We have a 11 month baby in the house.

We got told we are not priority and someone will be out in 7 days. Surely no hot water and with a 11 month old. When we flush the toilet it takes 10 minutes to fill up. And while its filling up we cant use any taps.

There is work going on with the water pipes but one side of my neighbours are fine. No one in the other side but I dont know what pipes each side is provided from.

Any advice?

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Well you should be a priority, as Ofwat measure water companies on pressure targets. It's called DG2 standard. Check out Water pressure

And be aware that Water Companies live and die by these standards.

Did they contact you about this work, if it was planned, and not an emergency? If not then that's another GSS payment (see the link).

So, they may owe you £25 or more under GSS (Guaranteed Standards of Service). You should put this in writing. Not much help at the moment though.

If they still don't sort this out then CCWater (The Consumer Council for Water) are the people to contact, but 95% of the time it doesn't come to this.

Sorry, but I'm unable to advice you regarding the short term service issues, without a lot more detail on the nature of the works.

Hope it's all sorted out soon.