Lloyds TSB Customer support have just told me something very interesting

marvel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At 6.08pm on Monday 25 june 2007, I was speaking, on the phone, to a member of Lloyds TSB customer support by the name of Clarice regarding my dissatisfaction relating to the lack of information concerning a decreasing overdraft. During the conversation the topic of my taking them to Court, to reclaim my bank charges from them, was raised.

Clarice stated that "Lloyds were currently in the process of reviewing the charges and they were refunding all the charges before the matters went to Court." She went on to further explain that the charges related to the £30 & £35 charges. I asked her to clarify what she had said, which she duly did & stated that the telephone conversation was being recorded.

Let's hope that this is correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have always refunded charges before they appear in court - in almost all cases just before the court date. So this is not really a change in policy - but it is interesting that they are admitting this now. Will they now admit that their tactics of stalling and intimidation are an abuse of the court process?

Well, I hope so because they owe me over 3k, not including interest. I just want to thank everyone who posts on this site. It has been a tremendous help & given me a lot of inspiration. I will def' make a donation if my case is successfull.

If you record a phone conversation you must first inform the caller for permission at the start of the conversation if not, it is a criminal offence I believe.

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

If you record a phone conversation you must first inform the caller for permission at the start of the conversation if not, it is a criminal offence I believe.

Incorrect. You can record any call you like, however if you wish to provide it as evidence then you must have informed the other party when you began the call. Its interesting how many people will refuse to speak to you when you tell them you are recording the call. My point is that they have already consented to the call being recorded as often you are informed at the beginning of the call that they are recording the call.

As an example of how recording your calls can be useful in showing poor customer service take a look here 1and1 internet - The worst web host in the world?

The recording and monitoring of telephone calls is governed by a number of different pieces of UK legislation, according to Ofcom, the telephone industry regulator.

It is not illegal for individuals to tape conversations providing the recording is for their own use, under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 (RIPA).

It is a civil, not criminal, matter if a conversation or e-mail has been recorded and shared unlawfully.

If a person intends to make the conversation available to a third party, they must first obtain the consent of the person being recorded.

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

I didn't recoed it. they did

Hello everyone

This is my first time on this site so be gentle please. I have two claims going through with Lloyds TSB at present one has a court date of the 17th August and is in the Derby Court the other one has advised that the court need further particulars with regarding the claim. This one is going to the Birmingham Cout. Help me I am really struggling as they have asked for the account number, na,es, sort code and then a detailed statement for each charge. Can someone please please help me as I do not know what I am meant to send these and it has to be in by the 4th July. Do I have to send anything to the other court that I already have a hearing date?

I received an offer and indeed a payment of £750.00 against my claim which was for more than £2000.00. Could anyone direct me to a template to decline this offer and insist on the full payment being made. I have also recalculated my original claim with interest added to it.