Claims transferred to Southend...

elmwilliams
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

As a lot of cases have been, my claim has also been transferred to Southend. So what are the thoughts on this...? I'm just not sure what I think about 400+ cases dealt with in bulk -

is this a good thing (i.e. sympathetic judge, wants to see justice for us :-) )

or a bad thing (judge feels we're wasting court time and sides with the banks :( )???

Hmmnnn.... Also, I've not filed any AQ or bundle, as the court direction stated that the judge has ordered not required...

Emma :???:

First Direct £625 - SETTLED :D

Jul 2006

Settled in full Jul 2006

Abbey #1&2 £2,692 & £871.46 interest - IN PROGRESS :(

S.A.R's - sent 27 Jul 2006

Statements recieved 10 Nov 2006 onwards (dribs and drabs)

Request for refund sent and refused Nov 2006 and Mar 2007

MCOL commenced 24 Apr 2007

Abbey acknowledged then submitted defence 22 May 2007

Being transferred to local court...

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Emma,

I've also been transfered from Northampton to Basildon then Southend for the 27th June.

I rang the court and they said we dont have to turn up as Abbey wont, its just that the judge as set aside all cases till this date ( 400) I didn't need an AQ either but we might need a courtbundle if the judge decides on wednesday.

How long has our case been going mine was feb.?

Fingers crossed ....:p

Good luck...

Carolyn:)

Hi Carolyn,

Mine's still quite new compared to yours, I filed with MCOL 24th April.

I'd love to know what the outcome has been on cases that the 'expert' judge has previously dealt with? Presumably he must have to be considered an expert. And his he really going to read through all 400 and deal with each individually, or will he take the basic principle and judge on the shared argument - ruling the same for all cases?

Good luck back to you!!

Em

Jul 2006

Settled in full Jul 2006

Just looking elsewhere and found the following post... (hope this pastes ok?)

post_old.gif 7th June 2007, 14:24 #1

puzz1ed1

Basic Account Customer

reputation_pos.gif

icon1.gif Courts can't cope with volume of claims

Had a notice from Basildon County Court this morning to say the case was being transferred to Southend County Court - so phoned both to see what was going on.

Basildon have transferred all their bank charge related cases to Southend as they are not a big enough court to handle them.

Southend are holding all claims until 27 June as there as so many and "the District Judge would never get anything else done if he looked at them as they came in, so is leaving them all to one side and will spend the day looking at them all". The Clerk I spoke to also suggested that the Judge is hoping one of the banks might defend a claim as this will change how they are all handled, yet admitted it is unlikely.

So back to the waiting game. Wonder where it'll be transferred to next? When Abbey filed it was for Hull CC and then moved to Basildon when I challenged it. Won't be able to get to Southend due to disability anyway, so that could be interesting....

Jul 2006

Settled in full Jul 2006

Good luck to you all at Southend Court, mine was filed with Basildon 2 weeks ago, so will probably be transferred soon to Southend, will be therefore waiting with baited breath to see what the Expert Judge says.

Hi everyone,

Can whoever is first of us 'Southend' lot to hear from the courts please report back, as I suspect we may all get the same treatment - surely each case won't be given 100% individual attention?

Thanks!

Emma

Jul 2006

Settled in full Jul 2006

i was also given the 27th of june as a hearing date at southend as soon as i hear anything i will post response. with all these cases the judge must surely accept the charges are unfair

First post everyone hope this is of help to al you people waiting for responce from Southend 27th June.

Just received a letter from Southend stating.

Upon the courts own initiative

TAKE NOTICE that the Allocation and Case Management Conference will take place on 17th July 2007 12:30 pm

at the Southend Court etc etc etc

to be heard before District Judge Dudley

When you should attend.

PLEASE NOTE: This case may be released to antoher judge, possibly to a different court.

Comment please, seems I need to attend, do Abbey also, is this where an pffer may be received. Is this a tactice by the courts to push settlements?

Cheers.

Spence

Ooh sounds quite interesting, I haven't received that letter yet. Which kinda worries me, because the defence got lost in the post, why not this vital letter also!

Hopefully others will be able to shed more light on the situation.

goodluck to everyone involved!

Heather x

Rsspence - We received exactly the same thing in the post today, I rang the court and they advised that yes we should attend and so should abbey but that's the only information they cld give me. I asked if i should take any documents with me and they said not unless you have been asked to ! my case management hearing is also on 17th July. I really don't know what to expect here either but I'm trying to do some research on it - if I get any info I'll post it.

Cheers

I dont get it, i haven't heard yet but wasn't the hearing on the 27th june to decide what happen next? if this is the hearing dont you need to get court bundles in?

The court said only if asked to would this be on the same letter?

what do you all think, i'm just getting prepared with some reading and watching the post....

Hi all, also at southend court 27 june,today received the same allocation letter for 17 july at 11am. judge dudley, states i should attend. going to check threads see whats what. little bit confused. but happy there's a bunch of us going through the same process.

Bon

Got my letter form southend court this morning, ripped it open, been stayed till september, god i'm so depressed, been on this claim since feb and that was my holiday money.:(

What can i do to speed it up?

Any ideas.

Hitting rock bottom now, had enough.

Anyone else got this rubbish this morning?:mad:

I didn't think they could do that after i had to wait till 27th of june already.

it does seem to be an abuse of process that but not sure what u can do as you been waiting since september maybe appeal this as they seem to have been given long enough to get it sorted sounds like abbey taking advantage again to me xxkia

Maybe Abbey are trying this tactic as they are so snowed under with claims, they cannot keep to the dates/rules of the courts. Maybe if they settled prior to this, they wouldnt have so much work to do.

The Courts shouldnt be allowing this they should make the banks stick to the timelines like everyone else, especially as they know that the banks will pay out anyway.

Hi,

Spoke to a very stoppy clerk at the court who told me the judge is working his way through and as my case is "new" (been transferred from Northampton to Bas,Then Southend so its alot older than the others)

he isn't even going to look at it till september, if i'm not happy put it in writing but he wont look at that till september either and i've got to realise i'm not the only case, aarrgghh!!!! Its nothing to do woth the Abbey its the judges decision.

Well angry now.

Any advice or do i just have to wait again?

i think youll have to just wait and i know frustrating isnt it espically as theyll settle on the day although mine never got that far be patient and go and break a few bottles itll help relieve the stress never fails but not at the abbey lolxxkia