Claims transferred to Southend...

elmwilliams
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dancegirl

We got exactly the same thing through the post yesterday as you. Claim is in hubby’s name and he said he wont bother trying to get the stay lifted as the Judge was the one who put the stay there in the first place and therefore is unlikely to remove the stay anyway.

If it had been Abbey that had requested the stay, he would of applied to get it set aside, but as the judge has done it off his own motion, then he cannot see that the judge will then lift it. He is now prepared to wait for the test case, and in the meantime, bombard the MP’s MEP’s and OFT & FSA to get them to remove the waiver/stay on everyones claim.

Did your standard letter have the paragraph “if you are unsure wherever you have an open offer or not, please contact us “ blah blah blah.

Rosemarymadder

If Angela Smith is your local MP, you must live reasonably close to me. Both me and hubby have sent her letters. Both have been read by a Lynda Gordon. I only work around the corner from her Constituency Office in Basildon, so maybe I will stand outside with a placard. Shouting at the top of my voice

“Banks charges stink of crap, managers are for the chop,

Voting with us against the banks, will help you to the parliamentary top”.

(I know not very good, but rhyming was never one of my strong points) hee hee

Hi Jules, hi all,

Yes live in Basildon not far from the five bells roundabout... so frustrated now if i wasnt going away soon i was thinking of doing a suffragette thing and chaining myself to the railings! (not sure which ones!!!)

Not had anything back from Angela Smith yet, only the email to say she/her office has received it.

My letter this morning from Abbey says that they have asked/applied for the stay, so its all a bit fishy to me that we receive a letter from the court and then one from Abbey two days apart, and all that time inbetween when we only had an idea what was going on because people had phoned... the timings don't add up to me, I am not happy that we did not get anything from the court to say what the judgement was on the 17th its almost as if the whole day didnt happen..

Anyway enough of my frustrations...its a nice day i am off for the afternoon so going to sit in my garden and drink red wine!! and try not to be too obsessive and keep sneaking into the forum...

Rose :D

I received the Abbey letter this morning and it did say about the offer. I have had no offer from Abbey in writing but did have an email offer from AS Hurst of about 65% of my claim. I will now have to see if this is still vaild. But am not sure of how to do so. I will phone Abbey see what they say, if the offer still exists then there is a two month period of which to agree to this, so i see how the test case is panning out.

Hi Jules, Yes, my letter had the same paragraph about if I have had an offer etc but as I haven't had an offer so I assume i'm just gonna have to sit it out. I did look on MSE website re: applying for the stay to be lifted but it advised that it would be a battle, so as your hubby says, I think that if the judge has asked for the stay that there's not much hope of him agreeing to lift it.

Hi Rose

OMG you live literally up the road from us, we live near woodlands school.

have you seen the bank charter in the general forum, I agree with most of it apart from point one. I dont think the banks should make 1p profit from our charges (martin lewis is proposing a charge of £5.00), by doing this we are basically saying they can make a profit but not a very large one, totally undermines what we have put in our POC's.

Hi Jules,

We live over the other side of the golf course, just off the Vale.

I haven't read the charter yet, sat in the garden and had a bbq, but my view would also be that the bank should not make a profit out people and making the fee too large just helps to keep people in debt.

Must admit though I am learning more each day, and to think I only started this myself cos other half heard Martin on the radio, and he doesn't have a clue on how to even turn the computer on....I make him listen patiently while I rattle off what everyone has been saying.

Glad that there are people like you out there who read more and have a good handle on what is going on.

Rose :)

was just checking out abbeys terms and conditions but as they havent changed them think i going to have to let the Stay go

Was looking at maybe asking for it to be lifted if abbey had changed terms and conditions as they have shut my account so the oft case on new charging regime wouldnt be applicable to me as my account wasnt subject to new terms and conditions but they not changed them so cant do that one

MY CASE

Newbody Vs Abbey

NB: Please read the FAQs & step-by-step instructions thoroughly & completely before commencing any action

the following is a link to a web archive of abbey websites over the time click on month under year to access Abbey's site for that time period to get what the terms and conditions were for when you opened your account Internet Archive Wayback Machine hope it helps or here for where i have started to pull them out to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/91707-archives-abbeys-web-pages.html

Advice & opinions given by me are my views or how i would respond, and are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group & are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions & actions are your own - if in any doubt, seek the opinion of a qualified professional

there is a batch of cases being heard by a judge at thanet CC on tuesday, if they are successful in getting the stay lifted, then we will apply wednesday to have ours done at Southend.

Rose,

not sure where about's the vale is??? We live near cherrydown vets, I can see the train station and trafford house from my house. hope the BBQ went well.

Hi Jules, the vale is just along from where the zoo used to be between the five bells pub and the barge pub, on the same side of the road as the school and the old zoo...got apartments at the top of the road which look quite spanish with large balconies, they back onto the golf course. BBQ was lovely thanks, not so good for the old waist line though....

Not sure if i will apply for stay to be lifted as i will be away as from 19th so may do it when i come back.

Rose :)

I have today made an application for the stay to be lifted in my claim, not sure how much impact it will have but it seems like a good thing to try.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hello

I sent the papers off on Monday to have the stay lifted from my Barclaycard claim.

I thought that I would try that one first as it's another £35 fee!

I will let you all know once I hear from Judge Dudley..

ALl I did was write a nice letter to the court, seems the banks used this approach rahter than make a formal application.

However, I will ring the coutrs and see what their take on those letters is.

if they want me to send them £35.00 then i will along with an n244.

Whether it upsets the court is of course of concern, however, the judge is a professional and hopefully he will understand the cklaimants concenrs about the test case.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

hi guys, I'm up with Judge Dudley on 12 September for an allocation and case management conference.... I have yet to receive a defence from LTSB but have had a letter from their lawyers talking about the OFT test case...

Does anybody know what I can expect to happen in court?

What exactly is the allocation and case management conference?

cheers!

it seems I forgot the golden rule of thoroughly reading the whole thread befor posting! I was in a rush yesterday! Sorry!

I guess I shall be receiving a stay order from Judge Dudley until the outcome of the High Court hearing is known...

If anyone against LTSB wants to hit me, then feel free!

Hello

I have today received a letter from Southend court as below on my Barclaycard claim (I know this is Abbey thread -I have an Abbey claim that I may try soon)

The hearing of the claimants application for stay to be lifted will take place at 12.30 on the 3rd October at Southend County Court..

Anyone know what to expect and should I send anything in advance?

Many thanks

LS