SC&M have settled but its been 10 days and no money or letter?

muggz

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

My court day fell on a day when i was on holiday and in the mad rush i forgot about it. I came back and rang the court to find out that lloyds had settled.

Its been 10 days and ive had no word from the court or SC&M.

Is there anything i can do? Is there a template i can send or a maximum time allowed before i get my money back?

thanks for your help

M

i just rang, the rude guy on the phone clearly cant be bothered to keep answering the phone a million times a day said that i should wait until the end of the week? But that makes it 2 weeks. Is there a baliff template? ive had enough of these guys!!!

Little confused here, did you get a judgement in your favour fromt he judge? if not then i doubt you can call in the bailiffs! I expect they told the court they had paid, you were not there to say they had not thus the case was put on hold or closed.

i have no recieved anything from anyone!

so i called the Court themselves and the lady checked the system and confirmed that SC&M had settled prior to the court day. I told the person at the court that no settlement had been sent and she said i need to speak to SC&M....

I would call [problem] and quote what the court have told you. If they continue to not pay then you will have to get the court to issue a new date, as far as im aware as you were not there to refute the fact the payment was made

No of course not, did the court close the case? Did they postpone it pending evidence of payment ?

You are in a good position really as if Lloyds dont pay then they lied to the court! Write them a letter with your case number

I received a letter of settlement (£150 short of claim) from lloyds dated 8th june on the 22nd june, more than 10 days had passed before i got the letter. no money has touched my account like they promised. Is this a common practice. sending AQ off today.

You cannot send the bailiffs in without judgement.

Phone the court and ask them to send you a copy of the settlement letter.

On the back of that letter write to SCM requesting payment. I have seen posts where SCM have advised that are making payments 4 weeks after settlement. If nothing after the period expires then post up again.

The problem is Lloyds are not now under any pressure to settle as you have no judgement and no pending court hearing.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.