• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lisa V Abbey +*+* WON +*+*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

just thought i'd start my own thread off now. to let all know whats going on and hope it will be of some help to some newbies!!

12th april

dpa request sent off with £10.00 fee

1st june

lba sent off after not receiving the statements giving them 7 days to comply (9th june) taking into account 2 days for them to receive the letter

8th june

received letter from abbey saying that "arrangements have been made to send me the info requested" also saying "they may decide to close my account if they feel the relationship has broken down"

13th june

still received nothing from them.

they have said that arrangements have been made though.

and everyday that they hang on is more money in my pocket !!

if i have helped you at all click please the scales on top right!

ABBEY

11/4 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) SENT OFF

1/6 LBA SENT

22/7 LETTER SENT REQUESTING THEM TO REFUND CHARGES

15/7 STATEMENTS RECEIVED (ALL 6 YEARS WORTH)

20/7 CLAIM ISSUES IN OLDHAM COUNTY COURT.

8/8 CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGED GIVING THEM TILL 21/8.......

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

16/6 Data Protection Act SENT OFF

5/8 t mobile have failed to comply with the Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reques ....BRING IT ON BABY!!

7/8 LBE SENT GIVING THEM 7 DAYS TO COUGH UP MY CASH

7/9 FULL REFUND BEEN SENT!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thought id phone abbey to see if the statements had been sent.

the lady i spoke to said that it is taking them 6 - 8 weeks as they have been inundated with dpa requests !!!! hahahahahahahahahahhahahah

she said that the request had been made on 9th may for them and they would be with me soon.

well its now been 9 weeks to the day since i sent the dpa request.

a bit unsure of what action to take next.

lisaxx

ABBEY

1/6 LBA SENT

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

5/8 t mobile have failed to comply with the Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reques ....BRING IT ON BABY!!

Hi Lisa, have a read here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6986 it gives plenty of guidance on what to do under these circumstances.

Good luck with the claim :)

Shanks

Prelim sent May '06

LBA sent June '06

Fob off now rec'd to the prelim

Copy of fob off now rec'd as response to LBA!

Full repayment of all charges since 1997 now received.

Account Closed

Donation made :)

hi shanks,

i have read that. but i have no clue on how much to send in an estimate.

it only says what to do if you underestimate ( not over ).

last thing i want to do it make a tit of myself.!!

and as the information commissioner is not doing his job correctly as they are inundated with us lot getting him to do his job, there seems no point in contacting the IC. this is my opinion, i know that they will arrive soon. and as i have said the longer they leave it the more money in my pocket. and if it does end up in court i think the judge will look at me as having patience!! which i do have at the moment.

im not seeing this as a get rich scheme, i will get my money back, as it IS MINE. not theirs. and what comes around goes around!!

cheers all. will keep posted.

lisaxx

ABBEY

1/6 LBA SENT

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

Lisa my claim against this lot is based on the charges for 2005/6 which are accurate as they sent me the statements. The other 5 years of my claim are based on a very reasonable estimate. My claim against them is for £3782 plus interest plus costs.

I have detailed this on the spreadsheet attached to my claim.

"* Amount for 2006 is £1082 and is based on statements supplied by Abbey and penalties applied.

** Amounts for years 2000 to 2005 inc are based on a reasonable estimate of £450 per year for each year. Abbey have refused and failed to supply information on the account for these years. Letter has been sent to the Information Commissioner."

When this goes to court Abbey will then have to disclose what the actual amount is and I suppose if it went before the CC judge he would ask why they can produce it in court but couldn't produce it on request of the customer. Just a thought.

hi karnevil,

i have got statements for the last year, and i worked out how much was owed and it is £140.00 now i'm sure there is more than that, but can't prove it.

so over the yrs i reckon around £1500.00 but cant be sure.

ABBEY

1/6 LBA SENT

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

cheers karnevil.

taken on board. think that is the best route to go down.

now wish me look on working out the 8% !!!!!!:)

ABBEY

1/6 LBA SENT

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

hi all, would anyone be able to put me on the right track.

NO DOUBT IT WILL HAVE TOTALLY MISREAD IT.!! SO PLEASE NO ONE BE OFFENDED :-)

vampiress excel sheets say not to add 8% interest as it may look like you dont know what you are doing.

but when i read the letter asking for the money back it says to add the 8% interest.

i need to write my letter to ask for my money back but it will be an estimate.

cheers lisaxx:???:

ABBEY

1/6 LBA SENT

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

The 8% interest (as per the County Court Act 1984) is interest that you can add to your claim once it gets to the County Court Action Stage and not before.

So your Prelim and LBA letters would not even make reference to it. But your claim will. Your Total Claim will be the amounts you are charging + interest, Court Costs, Solicitors Costs (none!) and then the total.

As you are estimating your charges, i would put in an average each month, and get the 8% interest figure that way, then once Abbey get you the information you can simply amend your claim.

Neil.

sorry neil p i really dont understand.

yes i am really dumb!,

should i send a letter (lba) estimating the amount owed?

as on that letter it says that i am enclosing a copy of the schedule of charges which i am claiming. i have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter ( have i sent a schedule of charges, i dont know what it means)

or should i send the preliminary approach for repayment?

as on this it gives them 14 days to refund me the money.

uuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!

getting well stressed out now. deep breath in and out ......

better now

there is so much info to take in and i dont want to do it wrong and mess things up and be constantly asking questions that are on the FAQS ( by the way i have looked at them, maybe to much)

i believe that over the past 6 years approx £1500 maybe less maybe more.

should i just put £1500.??

i have waited long enough for them to send me the statements. well no more, they have had enough time.

cheers and sorry for being a pain in the asre.

lisaxx

ABBEY

1/6 LBA SENT

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

Chill lisa

Your not the only one:grin: I think it means that you put down the amount that you want back but with out the 8% or any other stuff as neil said in his post.

The schedule of charges is the dates and amounts you put down on the exel sheet of the forum to show what you are claiming but not the 8% on the other page this bit will go on the CC claim.

Im new so if Im wrong someone will correct me but didnt wanted you getting to stressed8-)

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

sorry guys!!

i will have to look at the spreadsheet to see if i can work it out.

head is banging with it all, and im not that positive on the outcome now.

sometimes i wish i were worzel gummage where i could choose which head to wear everyday.

like said in previous posts i have not received statements, only 12 months worth. so think that ill do the spreadsheet with the charges that i know about £140.00. will probably do that wrong so ill no doubt end up forgetting it.

sorry to be negative, but like i said i seem to be running around in circles, and seeing the same things but not taking any thing in.

maybe it is best for me to wait till i receive all the statements which they said i will get, then at least im not making things harder for myself as i will know exactly what to put on the spreadsheet.

some one please lock me up!!! in a padded room with a big bed:D

by the way ive given up smoking so that definately makes things seem worse than what they really are.

!!!!! lisa !!!!!xx

ABBEY

1/6 LBA SENT

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

karnevil.

thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou.

im in a much better frame of mind now!!

thanks for putting it in plain english.

i did have a look at the spreadsheets there are a few different ones, i have managed to work out (by myself!!) the one to use.

so tomorrow when i have a spare hour i will do just that and get the letter sent off tomorrow or friday at the latest.

will keep thread updated as always.

once again thankyou very much, you dont know how frustrated i was becoming!!

lisaxx:-D

ABBEY

1/6 LBA SENT

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

hi all,

well i have now sent the letter asking for a refund of all charges(no amount stated) they have 14 days to respond other wise, !! well we'll see when it does/doesnt happen!!

ABBEY

1/6 LBA SENT

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

• 2 weeks later...

hi all, received letter from the bank, bog standard letter saying that they are in the right to charge me, and no they will not refund my charges, also that if this escilates to court they may close the account!! well they have already said that, and it has not stopped me. (parachute account opened at cooperative)

so just been to county court to get the n1 forms.( lovely at my local court)

so i will be reading them tonight and probably coming back with some questions.

seeee yaa!

lisaxx:p

ABBEY

1/6 LBA SENT

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

• 2 weeks later...

hi all, well hopefully i will be handing in my n1 form today !!

my daughter has been poorly so i havent been able to get out of the house to do it!!

i filled the forms out then realised i'd filled one of them in wrong so i have to get another one and fill it out at court!!

day 13 of no smoking!!! well chuffed with myself!

just thinking of things and i still havent got my statements which i sent off on 12th april. !! they are having a joke.... they said that they would send them to me in the letter that i received in the beginning of june.

lisaxx

ABBEY

1/6 LBA SENT

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

cheers luv, but got no printer paper!! ill be going to court anyway to hand in so i'll just copy the one that i have wrote out correctly.!!

also i did not write and complain about not receiving the statements.... im a bit worried now that if it goes to court the judge may think that i havent made the effort... ?? but the bank did say that arrangements had been made to send them to me ... even though sill havent got them !

ABBEY

1/6 LBA SENT

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

well ive been and got the n1 forms again!! hehe

ive just read the part about exeption from fees ( which i am ) now ive got to wait for my letter off the inland revenue so i can take it into court when i file. so i will now have to wait to receive these.

lisaxx

ABBEY

1/6 LBA SENT

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

Glad to see your having fun and well done with the smoking Im getting nagged to stop and going to try and stop if I can.

Keep up the posts as Im following it all and Im just sorting something out with my account then Im starting the whole thing my self:) ;)

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

hi again,

well just got my statements from bank, so now i have to go back to the court and get some more n1 forms seeing as i filled them out for unspecified amount!!

will come back later when i know how much is owed to me!!

dont think its that much to be honest but i'd be happy with 650.00 to put me back into the black!!

donate 10% to the site ** promise** and promise not to do a runner when i have my cash also!!

lisaxx

ABBEY

1/6 LBA SENT

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

hi all,

just printed off my schedule of charges ( 3 copies) filled my n1 form in. done the total and will be donating £50.20 pence (10% of my total)

will be going to court tomorrow am to file!!!! (got a sickly feeling)

will post tomorrow.

lisaxx

ABBEY

1/6 LBA SENT

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

hi all,

just printed off my schedule of charges ( 3 copies) filled my n1 form in. done the total and will be donating £50.20 pence (10% of my total)

will be going to court tomorrow am to file!!!! (got a sickly feeling)

will post tomorrow.

lisaxx[/quote

Best of luck..........nowhere near enough to buy some half decent rugby players for Oldham Rlfc tho................

;)

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.

well they started laughing when i went in court ... "are you sorted with what you're doing now"!!

well its done!! they were really nice and helped me loads!! there was a bit of confusion over the intereset because there are numerous charges dating from over 5 years, he said that they normally have one amount of interest from one period of time, but got it sorted anyway. anyway claim been accepted.

i am the first to do it in oldham ( sue the bank that is) so no wise cracks please guys!!

and regards the rugby ..... dont know much about it but if they are owt like the football team (then they are bob)

speak soon !!

lisaxx

ABBEY

1/6 LBA SENT

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

hi all, another update on whats going on.

received notice of issue from the courts today saying

my claim was issued on 20th july

it will be deemed to be served by 24th july

the ABBEY have until 7th august to reply.

well i betting that they will dispute the whole claim!! anyone else agree??

lisaxx

ABBEY

1/6 LBA SENT

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!