trying for a Default removal

stevesj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all,

I've been in battle with HBOS over getting a Default removed -

in April I sent the CCa request asking for a true copy of the agreement, and a copy of the default notice. (the account is settled, but I need the default off my CRA file)

no reply -

Then I got angry and sent a letter a month and 12 working days afterwards which told them in no uncertain terms that they were in default and they must comply with my request or remove the data.

They cashed my cheque for £1 in June (14th to be precise)

Today i had a call from the bank who cannot provide a copy of the default notice because it is system generated.....nor can they find a copy of the original agreement.

The person claimed that they can see the account is "partially satisfied" - but it's not - it's fully satisfied, and I told them. The Bank were sorry they cashed my cheque, and they were updating me of the situation. On stony ground I feel.

clearly they are in breach of the CCA - although the account is clear, the default remains on file for six years, but can they prove default of this account? - no -

what can I do now? - do i send a Section 10 of the DPA?? - unsubstantiated data??

any help would be appreciated

Halifax - paid out without getting to court - £250 WON - no intention of going, stated too costly!!

Halifax no 2 account - paid out without a fight - (by mistake, £1650 - should have been £1200 - had to pay some back)