Going to Court with Nationwide ADVICE WANTED

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Am a new member as of today and in my desperate attempt to work out the best way to take the Nationwide to court over bank charges.

Have been in postal communication with Nationwide for the last couple of months, all with no joy and despite threatening court action they still won't budge.

Advice wanted: Should i use the on line Money claim system or the N1, have been reading various views on this and would really welcome some advice from someone that has been through it.

Also VERY worried that i stand little chance of getting any money back now, have i left it too late ?

Thank you in advance :)

Ive just taken Natwest Visa to court using MCOL.It cost me £50 but you win that back.They have until 9th july to put in a defence. It is so easy to use on MCOL and they do all the work for you. Just put in the details and a brief description of your claim. As Ive been told on this site, never give up.They owe you YOUR money back.Its never too late.I always use the interest calculator on Compare Loans, Mortgages (including remortgages), Credit Cards and Insurance products from Moneyexpert.com and keep a copy for yourself. Send them a copy and tell them that that is the interest you will claim for if it goes to court. If you are going to court, keep a copy and put down the total amount of your claim when you go onto MCOL.

Hope this has helped...... and good luck.Remember this is the best place to goto for help.

Hello and Welcome, Paullou.

Have a look in the Nationwide Forum, read a few threads then start one yourself and keep it updated, people dealing with them will help you out. Also look at the sub-forum Nationwide Successes, that should boost your confidence.Plenty of 'winners' in there.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Paullou, You are better at the moment to use the N1 route, because on MCOL when the bank submit a defence you will be transfered to your local court any way. Plus you can input more information on the N1 and attach your charge spread sheet with your claim. On MCOL this has to be sent under seperate cover. Please do not be worried to ask any questions however silly they seem. The Consumer Action Group has over 150,000 people as registered users and has helped over 8,300 people to reclaim over £14,000,000. So we can help you. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Thank you very much for the advice guys, much appreciated and gives me some hope !

Just getting down to filling in the N1 form itself and have read conflicting recomeds on what to quote. Does anyone know if i should be quoting the "Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regs 1999" or if given the Berwick case this is better left out ? The Judge told him that this could not be used to question the "unfair" element of the charges.

Obviously i want to get this right and your help is greatly appreciated.

So far i have the following:

A para refering - to "Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regs 1999"

A para on - The extravagant and unlawful nature of the charges

A para on - the law of mistake being my grounds for retitution

:) Thank you in advance :)