BEWARE - S.A.R - Abbey Info Tampering

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad: Hi Guys,

I just wondered if anyone is having the same experience as I am with Abbey and the quality of Information supplied. I started to receive the Microfiche information as requested starting from 01-2001 to 02-2004 great news! Then the information stopped and I started to recieve resent statements for the last years. This left a gap in my information of about two years from 02-2004 through to 06-2006.

This gap according to Scabby is covered by a ' Summary Spreadsheet of Charges' which they have produced. But according to this summary I didn't have a single bank charge in those 'missing' two years. Now I know full well that I was charged during this period (I have a sneeky suspicion that I was hammered by Scabbey!). So I have written to Abbey again with the template letter from here about Abbey not meeting the requirements of the S.A.R.

The interesting thing is also in the letter from Abbey about this summary it states right at the end 'Please note charges which have been written off by the bank will not be included in this summary'.

What does this mean? My understanding of written off ment that the bank didn't charge me? But my summary also includes refunds that I have had in the past year or so. I guess I'll have to wait until I get the microfiche information and then I will know the truth. But I do feel this is yet another trick used by the Scabbey team (and Pam - I'm not really bothered Speed) to make people believe that no charges have been applied to their accounts when infact they have been charged and are now the charges are been covered up by Scabby so we can't claim them back!!! DISGUSTING!!! !!! !!! !!!

BEWARE - Abbey are well and truely untrustworthy Scabs! (apologies for errors -quickly typed this message while at work!!)

Regards

Jon

I to have been dealing with the lovely Pam Speed who post dates her letters by 3 weeks before actually sending them??? I to had a gap period of about 6 months in the info I recieved and like yourself am assuming I was hammered during this time. I had to send two letters requesting my info, she lost my £10 cheque fee and claimed I had never sent it and then eventually sent what I asked for after I faxed a letter to the complaints dept with copies of all correspondance (thank god I keep everyhthing - dont trust abbey as far as I could throw them). I sent my list of charges claiming over 8K including interest last week and know it is in the uncapable hands of Ms Speed because I checked she signed for my letter on the 21st June. Fingers crossed this saga will soon be over - I look forward to any offer made by ms speed and will let you know how I get on.

Jen 78, It's good to know that we're not on our own! Keep fighing - it will be worth it in the end I'm sure !! !! !! Another trick by Abbey, when I called them today and told them about non complience the lady (Sheena) was almost laughing as she spoke to me! What was funny? I wonder?

Hi there are a few of us have had this spreadsheet pantomime with Abbey. take a look at these threads

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/85886-dizzy-abbey.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/86191-elliejay39-abbey-guru-needed.html

It's just too coincidental to be anything other than suspicious. Why is everyone getting the same c****y info for the same period? Did they have a mega spring clean and throw all of our records away and then sit making up the spreadsheets?

I have lost patience in waiting and am going with what I have whilst still complaining about their non-compliance (it can only look bad on them when it gets to court) If anything comes up later I'll do it all again!

You might like to as a moderator to move this thread though as you're in the successes forum so might not get as much help as in the main Abbey forum.

Good luck

Ellie